Pitchmen was original a reality tv show about the two infomercial kings.
(Billy Mays the guy with the beard, and Anthony Sullivan) Basically what
they do behind the scenes to get products. Its an interesting walkthrough
behind the scenes from concept to full product. They took it to their
marketing team and develop the product even further usually. (streamline it,
change the colors etc. Add something on to prevent patent cases.)

Its amazing the number of rejected ideas that they had to go through. They
went through 275 pitches before they found one that they could follow
through on.

Last week's show had a 17 yr old kid (cancer survivor) that invented a
multiple wrench tool. Sort of like a swiss army knife. There had been
several for screwdrivers and allen wrenches, but not for wrenches. It will
be on tv soon.

On Sun, Aug 29, 2010 at 3:52 AM, Martin Baxter <martinbaxt...@gmail.com>wrote:

> "The question is why. Are we so lazy that we cannot pull a card out our
> pockets to open the door?? "
>
> Yes, we are, by and large.
>
> I don't watch "Pitch Men", so I missed that RFID blocker piece.
> Historically, we tend to come up with the innovation, THEN deal with the
> ramifications of it.
>

> On Sun, Aug 29, 2010 at 5:24 AM, Mr. Worf <hellomahog...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> The guy that has been doing these experiments seems to be addressing all
>> of the possible issues that could happen out on himself. Its quite possible
>> that the RFID chip will become a human upgrade in the very near future. The
>> question is why. Are we so lazy that we cannot pull a card out our pockets
>> to open the door??
>>
>> Speaking if RFID chips, there was is a show called Pitch Men on Discovery
>> channel. The host of the show does infomercials. In one of the segments this
>> week, a guy created a product that blocked the signal of a RFID chip reader.
>> In theory, a thief could use a reader and steal your credit card info while
>> walking down the street just by being near you. The plastic card holder
>> blocks the signal keeping your credit card secure. My question was, no one
>> thought of this before they released the RFID credit cards to the public?
>>

>> On Sat, Aug 28, 2010 at 4:32 PM, Martin Baxter
>> <martinbaxt...@gmail.com>wrote:
>>

>>> [?][?][?][?]

>>> --
>>> "If all the world's a stage and we are merely players, who the bloody
>>> hell wrote the script?" -- Charles E Grant
>>>
>>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQUxw9aUVik
>>>

> --
> "If all the world's a stage and we are merely players, who the bloody hell
> wrote the script?" -- Charles E Grant
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQUxw9aUVik

<<1B2.gif>>

<<360.gif>>