Hi everyone,

The previous migration thread stalled, and I would like to revisit the
issue.

Here is my proposal:

1. All code written for the 0.13 release of scikit-image should still be
Python 2.7 and 3.x compatible.
2. 0.13.x will be declared a "Long Term Support" release, with all point
releases supporting Python 2.7 until 2020
3. Non-API-breaking features from 0.14 and later *may be backported* to
0.13.x as needed / requested.
4. Any new code written after 0.13 will be Python 3.x only (but see #3
above).

My motivations are to:

- Remove developer overhead associated with keeping both Python 2 and
3-isms in mind
- Reduce testing and maintenance overhead associated with multiple Python
versions
- Utilize new language features such as the @-operator and required keyword
arguments

Please let me know if you have any strong feelings to the contrary.

Best regards
Stéfan