Hi Stéfan,

I've found this implementation in matlab:
https://github.com/carandraug/histthresh/blob/master/toolbox/th_minerror_iter.m
That I've translated to python:
https://github.com/h4k1m0u/scikit-image-clustering-scripts/blob/master/thresholding/minimium_error_thresholding2.py
The resulting threshold for a gray-scale lena was the same for both the
python script, and the original matlab script.

Let me know if there are still few details to revise in the source code.
And if it's interesting, I'd be happy to make a pull request to include it
in scikit-image.

Hakim.