Simply because I am new to both python and scikit (Coming from R world)

The problem is that I tried using load_svmlight_file with in particular RBF
parameters example
http://scikit-learn.org/stable/auto_examples/svm/plot_rbf_parameters.html#example-svm-plot-rbf-parameters-py

and I get a lot of problems / errors/ so I thought it is easier to use native
format which preserve the structure of the variables used.

What I tested in this script in particular is something like :

#iris = load_iris()
#X = iris.data
#Y = iris.target
X,Y = load_svmlight_file("toto")
X = X.toarray()

# dataset for decision function visualization

X_2d = X[:, :2]
X_2d = X_2d[Y > 0]
Y_2d = Y[Y > 0]
Y_2d -= 1

What does the section _2d means ? not vey clear

Rad