It's about redirecting /dev and /stable to the appropriate fixed paths.
 Actually I remember that this has been looked into, I vaguely remember a
thread a while back.

I think the problem is that we couldn't move to github while keeping all
the old links and looking the same in the eyes of the google bots.

Vlad