On Thu, Jan 16, 2014 at 07:12:41PM +0100, Vlad Niculae wrote:
> I would rather have this sorted out through the github issue tracker.

> I don't think it's a good idea to encourage users to e-mail individual
> developers. Someone else could have the expertise and do the change
> confidently.

I agree. I would actually remove the emails of all the source files,
nowadays.

The reason that I push for having the author names in the source files is
that it encourages people to be proud of their work, which I believe
helps developing quality software. However, I wouldn't want this
information to be pushed to the end-user, just to "peers", ie people who
read source code and are likely to contribute.

Cheers,

Gaƫl