Hi Mit.

Some of the algorithms in scikit-learn could be use for recommender systems, but there is no estimator for that. We are currently hesistant in increasing the scope of scikit-learn, as the core contributors are busy doing maintenance,
and we would rather focus on a stable 1.0 release.
If you'd like to see recommender systems in sklearn-style, you are more then welcome to create your own gist / project that is sklearn compatible and focuses on recommender systems. Once other issues in sklearn are worked out and if we feel that it fits, maybe it gets merged later on. Even if not, we can link to it and it will be just as beneficial to the users as if it was in the core project.

This is my opinion, other contributors might disagree, though ;)

Cheers,
Andy