Josh Endries wrote:
Christian/TucknDar wrote:
Niklas Frykholm has implemented a "simple utility for opening files
as tabs in SciTe from the command line (Windows)".
forgive my ignorance, but when exactly is this useful? I can't seem to
find a use for this tool, but I'd be happy to hear some suggestions!
Yes, I can't see what's new. Scratching my head...
Any application that can run an command to open files (attachments,
explorer-like, Mozilla, FTP clients, etc.) could benefit from this as
they wouldn't open another instance of SciTE. Maybe I haven't found
the config option but clicking on a text file in Explorer, or opening
it from any other program like WinSCP, never opens a new tab for me,
always another SciTE instance... I use something similar (shell
script) on Linux/BSD to open things as tabs in editors, terminals, etc.
Uh? For Linux I don't know, but on Windows, just put
check.if.already.open=1
and any file opened with SciTE will open it in the current instance, in
a new tab if tabs are activated, as long as the menu item Option | Open
files here is checked.
I do this all the time and it works well, from Windows Explorer, from IE
or Mozilla, etc.
So what I am missing?
--
Philippe Lhoste
-- (near) Paris -- France
-- http://Phi.Lho.free.fr
-- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --
_______________________________________________
Scite-interest mailing list
[email protected]
http://mailman.lyra.org/mailman/listinfo/scite-interest