kanutron:

> * Problem:
> abbrev.properties is the unique visible file on my home. rest are dirs
> or hidden files. I'm constantly deleting this by accident. :-P

   <hrrrmph>Unix users</hrrrmph>. Give them an rm and they'll specify
-f every time and then ask for files to be hidden to protect
themselves. Hidden files! If I write a file I want it to be nice and
obvious, visible and editable, movable and copyable. None of this
"baby can't look in the system directory because he might get
confused" stuff that is more suitable for an etch-a-sketch rather than
a real computer.
 
> * Suggestion:
> I'm modified SciTEIO.cxx near line 96 and moved into precedent "per
> platform" definitions doing only on linux to be ".abbrev.properties" and
> for the rest of platforms remains as "abbrev.properties".

   If you must<sigh/>

> * Challenge
> Users must be notified about any change about this, otherwise,
> SciTEBase::GetAbbrevPropertiesFileName must try to open both in a
> determined order and return true on first match, if nothing found,
> return false.

   There are two uses of GetAbbrevPropertiesFileName, one to read the
abbreviations and the other to open the file. It should not fail for
the second case if there is no file yet so should not return false,
instead choosing the most preferred name. This will add one or two
extra open calls.

   We could rename the file at initialisation for a couple of
releases. This should not show any UI as that may break start-up
scripts.

   Neil

_______________________________________________
Scite-interest mailing list
[email protected]
http://mailman.lyra.org/mailman/listinfo/scite-interest

Reply via email to