Hi guys,

I been fixing up Parts packaging logic so it is pip and wheel friendly. I was
wonder what are the plans for SCons on this front? It seems to me that this
should not be that complex for us to do in SCons. I just noticed there is a lot
of work going on in the current scripts with coping data around. Is all this
needed for a reason.

I guess the real question is that:

Do we need to have SCons not install as a python package?

Minus the standalone install case. What value are we getting from this? I know
for me this makes extending SCons harder as there is odd logic to find the real
"path" to import SCons.

I would like to propose simplifying this to make a pip friendly install of
SCons.

Any thoughts?
Jason