John Erdman wrote:

> FWIW -
>
> The tune you provided below is not the same as the  version provided
> in any of the Lomax references I have.  The same tune, of course, but
> your's in more "musically complex" than either of the Lomax's.
>
> John
>
> >X:01
> >T:Streets of Laredo
> >B:
> >Z:
> >M:3/4
> >L:1/8
> >K:G
> >D|d4 c B|c2 d3 c |B2 A2 G2 |F2 D3 D | G4 F G | A2 B3 c | B2 A2 G2 | A4 D2 |
> >d2 ed cB | c2 d3 c | B2 A2 G2 | F2 D2 D2 | G4 F G | A2 d3 c | B2 G2 A2 | G4 |]
> --
> 90 Trefethen Ave
> Peaks Island, ME  04108
> Tel  207-766-5797
> Posted to Scots-L - The Traditional Scottish Music & Culture List - To

There's a traditional version of "Streets of Laredo" collected in 1960
on the web in the Max Hunter collection that one can play if your Real
Audio software will work on the web (mine won't).

Bruce Olson

--
Old English, Irish and, Scots: popular songs, tunes, broadside
ballads at my website (no advs-spam, etc)- www.erols.com/olsonw