A song and it's tune. Not much of a drinking song, or any other
kind of song for that matter.

Our Girls, like our Geese, shou'd be watch'd from the Vermin;
That Geese are like Girls then, with Ease we determine;
Geese will gaggle, and wander astray on the Common;
And gaggle will wander astray will a Woman: [corrupt line]
A Goose will sit quiet under Barriers and Locks;
But the Goose of a Woman breaks thro' to the Fox.

X:1
T:The Rummer. [given for song above]
S:The Village Opera, by Mr. Johnson, #60, 1729
L:1/4
M:6/4
K:D
A|F3/2E/D (F/G/)AF|(G/A/) BGA/A3/2A|d3/2c/B(c/d/)ec|\
dDDD/D3/2||d|defefg|fedcde|dcdBed|c3/2B/cA/A3/2A|\
BceAAd|GGdF2G/F/|Eedc3/2B/c|dDDD2|]

Bruce Olson

Old British Isles popular and folk songs, tunes, broadside
ballads at my no-spam website - www.erols.com/olsonw or
just <A href="http://www.erols.com/olsonw";> Click </a>

Motto: Keep it up; muddling through always works.