Jack Campin wrote:
> The octaving signs are the main problem; the lower one doesn't occur
> in ASCII (it has to be distinguished from a comma, which is used like
> a dot in staff notation) and both are kerned so as to take up no
> horizontal space.

Jack, I have Fontographer and used to write bitmap fonts back in the
early 1980s, never done PS/TT for anything except a few symbols, but if
it is a matter of creating these I could do so. I did an early music
font version of Goudy or something for my brother a couple of years
back, just to give him the right typography for the words.

David