Manuel Waldesco wrote:

>Anyway, regarding this tin whistle tradition in Scotland, I wonder which
are
>the differences with Irish whistle, I mean, the way of playing (v.g.
>ornamentation) reels and jigs, airs, and which other Scottish type of tunes
>are played normally on this instrument.

Kenny Hadden, formerly of Blairgowrie, now of Aberdeen, is your only man.
Kenny was in the early line up of Ceolbeg, has a comprehensive knowledge of
Irish and Scots music, and is a banner waver for the whistle and the wooden
flute in Scots music.  Contact me at [EMAIL PROTECTED] and I'll
pass on his email address.

David Francis