In article <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
   <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Rather cheeky arent you?  : )

Nothing more than that, Robyn. I've obviously got too much time on my
hands! That's going to change very soon - I've got a whole load of work
coming my way and I can't see me having many spare moments in the day.
The list heaves a sigh of relief. And goes dead for a month.

> unfortunately, I cannot SAY them for you can I?  But you did ask for
> pronunciation... and I gave you the best answer I could

Thanks for doing so. I'll stop the nearest Gaelic speaker and ask
him/her to say it out loud. Actually there's a pocket of Gaelic
speakers near me on the Western edge of Perthshire. Occasionally on the
bus to Perth you can eavesdrop on fascinating conversations going on
all over the bus. If only I knew what they were saying. About me.

I know I'm asking for trouble, but how would you pronounce "coire an
lochan"?

--
Nigel Gatherer, Crieff, Scotland
[EMAIL PROTECTED]