From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]] On Behalf Of [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 26 February 2002 23:00
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [scots-l] Hermitages

I've noticed a few tune titles with the word hermitage in them. Two, for example, are Lord Breadalbane's Hermitage and Dunkeld Hermitage.  I've just assumed, without really knowing, that hermitage referred to an isolated cottage or a hunting lodge. Is this correct, or am I way off here?

Regards,
Andrew Kuntz