Ian Brockbank <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I've just received this.  Any ideas?  Please reply to [EMAIL PROTECTED] .
>> I have desperately been trying to get a copy of 'Charles the twelfth
>> King of Sweden'. Any Ideas?

Is this the dance "The King of Sweden"?  I have it in a pamphlet "Four
Step Dances collected in Aberdeenshire for the Royal Scottish Country
Dance Society", ed. Isobel Cramb, music arr. Nan Main & Iain Robertson
(Paterson's Publications, 1953).  The dance comes from a manuscript of
1841, the tune ("Charles the Twelfth King of Sweden's March") from the
Gillespie MS of 1768, which I have ABC'ed some tunes from, but not this
one.  The booklet includes drawings of leg positions, something ABC is
not very good at.

The introduction says the dances are a sort of fusion of ballet and
Highland dance.  Apparently they contain something called "double
trebling" which I always thought was part of a West Indian steel band.

I would suggest asking the RSCDS if they can do you a copy, it'll be
long out of print.

> The information in this e-mail is confidential and for use by the
> addressee(s) only.
[ 20 lines of legally meaningless disclaimer bullshit deleted ]

We don't need that crap.  Stop it.  Post from somewhere else if that's
what it takes.