>> Is this the dance "The King of Sweden"?  I have it in a pamphlet "Four
>> Step Dances collected in Aberdeenshire for the Royal Scottish Country
>> Dance Society", ed. Isobel Cramb, music arr. Nan Main & Iain Robertson
>> (Paterson's Publications, 1953).
> Jack, out of curiosity, what are the other 3 dances in this pamphlet?

>From Frederick Hill's Book of Quadrilles and Country Dances, Aberdeen
1841:

   The King of Sweden
   The Earl of Erroll
   Scotch Measure

>From Miss Flora Cruickshank of Peterhead (transmitted through her
family):

   Flora Macdonald's Fancy

The editors think "The King of Sweden" and "The Earl of Erroll" date
from the 1760s (their reasoning seems fairly sound here), "Scotch
Measure" from a bit later, and (on what seems to me to be rather
tenuous evidence) "Flora Macdonald's Fancy" from Flora Macdonald's
lifetime.

"Charles the Twelfth King of Sweden" is one long 8x16 tune; they
play fast and loose with tune selection for the others in the
typically exasperating RSCDS style.

Pass this on to the Strathspey list if you like (but not with my
email address if they have a public archive or might ever have one).