Jack Campin wrote:

> "The Burning of the Piper's Hut" gets maybe the most extreme variety
> of tempo - everything from slow air to fast reel.

I dread people calling it at the slow session; I like it slow, but no
matter how slow I start it, it gains momentum and ends up far too fast
- in my opinion.

Another pet hate is "Da Slockit Light" which I regard as a lament. When
our fiddlers get hold of it it becomes a jolly canter. I don't know how
much of that is simply my feeling, or if others just think I'm being
pernickety.

--
Nigel Gatherer, Crieff, Scotland
[EMAIL PROTECTED]