The one thing which concerns me is the repertoire. The instigator is
English, and he has been teaching a majority of irish tunes. It always
strikes me as sad that here in Perthshire, historically a very strong
centre of Scottish fiddle music (home of the Gows and many, many other
giants of Scots fiddling) a basically Irish repertoire is learned. The
good news is that the youngsters are enthused by the likes of Catriona
MacDonald, The Wrigley Sisters, etc: there are role models in Scottish
music, and the young people are finding them.

Are they playing the Irish tunes in a very Irish-style, or are they just taking Irish tunes and playing them in their own particularly regional style?

Toby