> I think you're a mixing up key-mode with scale.

Not as much mixing them up as trying to avoid doing so... I know that mode
and key signature are not the same thing -- I'm trying to find out how the
"oh-so-natural" just intonation of classical violin works with fiddle's
modes (compared to key signatures). I've spent some time comparing just
intonation with equal temperment. It was really obvious really quickly
that there is a real difference with those two, which made me start
wondering if I had perfect intonation (as a classical violinist would
define "perfect"), how someone with perfect pitch and a good understanding
of modes would think I played.

> Take a look at the Just Intonation file on my website

http://users.erols.com/olsonw/JUSTINT.HTM

Is this the file you are referring to? I'm willing to figgure that out,
but it will take some time with pencil and paper. Is there an executive
summary?

Bob