I picked up a new book on fiddle called "Scottish Fiddling" (I think).
It's published by the Scottish Arts Council.

It has three sections: technique, tune types, and regional styles. It also
has a CD, with tunes selected to illustrate the techniques, tune types and
styles.

I think it was around $25. The writing style and organization could use a
little help (like they keep refering to items that haven't been covered
yet, and there are no transitions -- each page sort of stands in isolation
as a little essay on a particular point.), but it's easily the best book
on the subject I've found yet, and well worth the money.

The quality of contents is similar to Peter Coopers (Mel Bay) Irish Fiddle
tutor, but with three or four times as much stuff, and more technical
detail. It's not a tutor though, but a reference manual.

Bob Rogers