Nigel wrote:
> ... Alas, I was working Friday night so couldn't get down till
> Saturday, and then I had to head northwards on Sunday morning, so I
> missed your Desert Island Discs slot. Blast!

The Hector thing was great- quite emotional for a lot of folk I think (me
included).

> The Saturday concert was very good, with my personal favourites being
> Anna Massie and Jerry Holland. Duncan Chisholm was very good, of
> course, but the other two were more my cup of tea. I caught a little
> bit of David Greenberg later - which was excellent - but I was flagging
> by that time and there was standing room only, and the hall was
> beginning to fill up. I'm no' as young as I was yesterday.

David's spot was another highlight, apart from having to follow him on the
open stage.  Also thought Chris Stout turned in a couple of brilliant
performances.

Chris and David did a couple of great masterclasses also.  Quite different
in style, but excellent.

A great weekend.

Derek