rog wrote:

> > X:692
> > T:Scots Reel

> i recognise this - it's an old favourite of mine.  i think i know it
> from one of the Cavendish recordings, but i don't think it's one of
> their tunes (i'll have a check through the book though).

Thanks, rog, I have a Cavendish LP in the cellar, but I haven't been
down for a while. However, I'm trying to tidy my office and keep coming
across hundreds - maybe thousands - of tunes, many on loose sheets
picked up from here and there. And lo and behold, I had a look at a
sheet with a dance and tunes composed for the wedding of Princess
Elizabeth, so that must be from the early 1950s. Along with "The Duke
and Duchess of Edinburgh" is "Birkhall" which turns out to be the tune
I was looking for!

X:693
T:Birkhall
C:John Robertson
S:Sheet published by Rae MacIntosh, Edinburgh, early 1950s (?)
Z:Nigel Gatherer
M:4/4
L:1/8
K:D
A  | d2 fd A2 dA | FAFD  A2 FA | B2 dB A2 d2 | e3 f e2
A2 | defd  A2 dA | FAFD  A2 FA | Bcde  fA e2 | d4   d2
fg | a3  b a2 f2 | df A2 d2 ef | g3  a g2 e2 | ce A2 e2
fg | a3  b a2 f2 | df A2 d2 ef | gage  A2 Bc | dd d2 d2 :|

P.S. I'm listening to 'The Winnowing' by The Cast - what an excellent
album it is, too. They've another couple of CDs out - must buy them...

--
Nigel Gatherer, Crieff, Scotland
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]