> How can I type a Barline to enter note?.

on a MacOS computer near me, the keyboard has the barline ('|') symbol
just above the backslash ('\') key, just to the left of the return
key.

if you've got a non-US keyboard (which sounds quite possible from your
use of english), then this symbol might not be immediately available.

even if it is not available on your keyboard, you can always get it by
using copy and paste - copy some text containing the desired symbol
(e.g.  from this email) and paste into the text of your abc.

does this help?

  cheers,
    rog.

subscribe/unsubscribe, point your browser to:
http://www.tullochgorm.com/lists.html