Amadeusz Sławiński <am...@asmblr.net>:
> On Tue, 12 Jun 2018 15:16:13 -0400 (EDT)
> e...@thyrsus.com wrote:
>
> > -This is version 4.3.1. Its roots are a merge of a custom version
> > +This is version 4.3.0. Its roots are a merge of a custom version
>
> Hi,
>
> seems interesting, but it seems to've been run against old version of screen?

Probably.  I run my tests against package-installed versions of man
pages because trying to fetch repo versions of every page in my
distribution's nan directories would be impossibly complicated.

> Current release is 4.6.2 and git branches have some more fixes to manpages.
> Any chance it can be run against git (screen-v4 and master branch) or
> can you tell me how to run it?

See below...

> It would be useful if "automated" bugreport system included version of
> package, it was run against as well as some reproduction instructions.

Not practical, alas. There's no uniform way to get the version, and at
over 500 patches it's too big to do by hand.

> (Tried looking at manlifter and doclifter documentation, and I'm unsure
> how to run it to get a patch)
>
> $ manlifter -m ...../screen/src/doc/screen.1
> Trying ...../screen/src/doc/screen.1
> "./foobar.man", line 8: error - uninterpreted 'schar' command
> "./foobar.man", line 4835: there were 1 errors during translation
> doclifter error status: 1

I see how you got confused.  I'm afraid manlifter isn't very useful
outside my specialized test setup.  It's really intended to be used for
test-translating an entirte man tree.

It looks like your page uses the groff .schar extension to define a glyph.

If you email me a current copy I'll try to fix it up for you.