Hi Again,

    When you get into the advance menu of your Windoweyes program go to the
help menu and navigate down to get into documentation.
Go down to App development Reference
Open it up and go to the Object module
>From there open up the Object Module and navigate down using the I key until
>you get into IniFile property and Methods
You will find
properties, text and number...
Objects

INIFile
Return to chapter overview
Definition
An object representing a INI file.
Usage
Use an
INIFile
 object to retrieve information from an INI file. An
INIFile
 object is a root object, and can be obtained directly, or from an
Application
 object's
INIFile
 property.
Properties
·
Application
·
Number
·
Parent
·
Text
Methods
·
DeleteSection
·
DeleteEntry
·
GetSectionKeys
·
GetSectionNames

Navigation:
The Window-Eyes Object Model
Objects

INIFile

Properties

Number
Return to chapter overview
Sets or returns the numeric value of a supplied section and key in an INI file.
Syntax
Retrieving
integer_value = object.Number(Section, Key, DefaultValue)
where object is an
INIFile
 object.
Setting
object.Number(Section, Key, DefaultValue) = integer_value
where object is a
INIFile
 object.
Parameters
Name
Data Type
Required/Optional
Description
Section
String
Required
INI section name
Key
String
Required
The name to which a value will be read from or applied to
DefaultValue
Integer
Optional
The default value to supply if none is specified. Default values for the Number
property
must be integers.

Text Property:

Objects

INIFile

Properties

Text
Return to chapter overview
Sets or returns the string value of a supplied section and key in an INI file.
Syntax
Retrieving
string_value = object.Text(Section, Key, DefaultValue)
where object is an
INIFile
 object.
Setting
object.Text(Section, Key, DefaultValue) = string_value
where object is a
INIFile
 object.
Parameters
Name
Data Type
Required/Optional
Description
Section
String
Required
INI section name
Key
String
Required
The name to which a value will be read from or applied to
DefaultValue
String
Optional
The default value to use if none is specified

Objects

INIFile

Methods

GetSectionKeys
Return to chapter overview
Returns a string containing all keys (each key separated by a null character)
from
a specified section in an
INIfile
 object. The entire string is also null terminated.
Syntax
string_value = object.GetSectionKeys(Section)
where object is an
INIFile
 object.
Parameters
Name
Data Type
Required/Optional
Description
Section
String
Required
INI section name
Example
' Retrieve keys names from an INIfile object called myINI. The INI contains the
following
structure:
' [Support]
' name1=Mike
' name2=Raul
' name3=Aaron
' Note: Splitting the resulting string on the null character will result in an
array
entries with a null key at the end.
iniString = myINI.GetINISectionKeys("Support")
iniArray = Split(iniString, vbNullChar)
For Each iniKey In iniArray
Speak iniKey
Next
' The spoken result would be, "name1, name2, name3."

The Window-Eyes Object Model

Objects

INIFile

Methods

GetSectionNames
Return to chapter overview
Returns a string containing all section names (each name separated by a null
character)
from an
INIfile
 object. The entire string is also null terminated.
Syntax
string_value = object.GetSectionNames()
where object is an
INIFile
 object.
Example
' Retrieve section names from an INIfile object called myINI. The INI contains
the
following structure:
' [Bosses]
' boss1=Doug
' boss2=Dan
' [Support]
' name1=Mike
' name2=Raul
' name3=Aaron
' Note: Splitting the resulting string on the null character will result in an
array
entries with a null key at the end.
iniString = myINI.GetINISectionNames()
iniArray = Split(iniString, vbNullChar)
For Each iniName In iniArray
Speak iniName
Next
' The spoken result would be, "Bosses, Support."
Sent: Tuesday, October 18, 2016 7:03 PM
Subject: can window eyes scripting write and read string to and from inifile

Hi,
i am still new to window eyes scripting, and before this i use the other
screen reader, the compatitor. so, let's say i  want something to be
written to ini file, can window eyes scripting do that? if yes, what
function?
sorry and thanks

---