Any shot of extracting just the Vimeo JS portion of the code to its own
Sprockets manifest file? You could then choose to omit it from uglifying
(or whatever part of the asset pipeline it is choking on) or if you get the
ok from the client, it might be easier to step through the minified code
and debug it outside the whole app’s JS bundle.

Worst case though, you can leave it inline and unminified without fully
disabling the asset pipeline.