#4131: Plugins: useTable property of associated models appears to be ignored
| Milestone: 1.2.x.x
| Version: RC1
Keywords: plugins model association useTable shamanZA phpnut rpeterson
the_undefined | Php_version: n/a
Comment (by bcl):
I have just attached a clean test case that demonstrates the problem. SQL
for the database is in pluginbug.sql in the top of the archive. See the
included README.txt for instructions on how to reproduce the bug:
1. pluginbug.sql should be loaded into the database to use for the test.
2. Setup the $default connection to point to the database
3. Install the pluginbug tree under ./app/plugins/
4. browse to http://yoururl/pluginbug/root_menus/
5. Observe success
6. browser to http://yoururl/pluginbug/sub_menus/
7. Observe success
8. Edit ./app/plugins/pluginbug/models/root_menu.php to uncomment the
9. Edit ./app/plugins/pluginbug/models/sub_menu.php to uncomment the
10. browse to http://yoururl/pluginbug/root_menus/
11. Observe failure: Error: Database table sub_menus for model SubMenu
was not found.
12. browser to http://yoururl/pluginbug/sub_menus/
13. Observe failure: Error: Database table root_roots for model MenuRoot
was not found.
14. Copy ./app/plugins/pluginbug/models/*.php to ./app/models/
15. browse to http://yoururl/pluginbug/root_menus/
16. Observe success
17. browser to http://yoururl/pluginbug/sub_menus/
18. Observe success
Ticket URL: https://trac.cakephp.org/ticket/4131#comment:7
CakePHP : The Rapid Development Framework for PHP https://trac.cakephp.org/
Cake is a rapid development framework for PHP which uses commonly known design
patterns like ActiveRecord, Association Data Mapping, Front Controller and MVC.
Our primary goal is to provide a structured framework that enables PHP users at
all levels to rapidly develop robust web applications, without any loss to
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
tickets cakephp group.
To post to this group, send email to email@example.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
For more options, visit this group at