[Touch-packages] [Bug 1934936] Re: package libwind0-heimdal 7.7.0+dfsg-2build1 failed to install/upgrade: trying to overwrite shared '/usr/share/doc/libwind0-heimdal/changelog.Debian.gz', which is dif

2021-07-16 Thread Iain Lane
It's probably a bug in pkgstripfiles, will confirm -- You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to heimdal in Ubuntu. https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1934936 Title: package libwind0-heimdal 7.7.0+dfsg-2build1 failed to

[Touch-packages] [Bug 1934936] Re: package libwind0-heimdal 7.7.0+dfsg-2build1 failed to install/upgrade: trying to overwrite shared '/usr/share/doc/libwind0-heimdal/changelog.Debian.gz', which is dif

2021-07-16 Thread Iain Lane
** Changed in: heimdal (Ubuntu) Status: Incomplete => Confirmed -- You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to heimdal in Ubuntu. https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1934936 Title: package libwind0-heimdal

[Touch-packages] [Bug 1934936] Re: package libwind0-heimdal 7.7.0+dfsg-2build1 failed to install/upgrade: trying to overwrite shared '/usr/share/doc/libwind0-heimdal/changelog.Debian.gz', which is dif

2021-07-16 Thread Iain Lane
Yeah I'm getting this too on dist-upgrade, now that heimdal migrated to impish. laney@raleigh> diff -u <(xxd changelog.Debian.gz-amd64) <(xxd changelog.Debian.gz-i386) --- /proc/self/fd/112021-07-16 11:20:29.165989264 +0100 +++ /proc/self/fd/202021-07-16 11:20:29.169989204 +0100 @@ -97,5

[Touch-packages] [Bug 1934936] Re: package libwind0-heimdal 7.7.0+dfsg-2build1 failed to install/upgrade: trying to overwrite shared '/usr/share/doc/libwind0-heimdal/changelog.Debian.gz', which is dif

2021-07-16 Thread Iain Lane
welp, this is more sensible as a thing to look at: laney@raleigh> diff -u <(zcat changelog.Debian.gz-amd64) <(zcat changelog.Debian.gz-i386) --- /proc/self/fd/112021-07-16 11:22:45.935902600 +0100 +++ /proc/self/fd/202021-07-16 11:22:45.939902539 +0100 @@ -95,4 +95,4 @@ -- Brian May

[Touch-packages] [Bug 1930359] Re: glib2.0: Uninitialised memory is written to gschema.compiled, failure to parse this file leads to gdm, gnome-shell failing to start

2021-07-12 Thread Iain Lane
> Looks like both of us sponsored it for the queue. I'd appreciate rejecting either one of them. I pushed to the VCS[0] at the same time as sponsoring, so I'll reject the other one which doesn't quite match up with it. [0] https://salsa.debian.org/gnome-

[Touch-packages] [Bug 1930359] Re: glib2.0: Uninitialised memory is written to gschema.compiled, failure to parse this file leads to gdm, gnome-shell failing to start

2021-07-12 Thread Iain Lane
Thanks, sponsored to the queue -- You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to glib2.0 in Ubuntu. https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1930359 Title: glib2.0: Uninitialised memory is written to gschema.compiled, failure to

Re: [Touch-packages] [Bug 1934505] Re: gdb 11 doesn't work on impish/s390x: internal-error: displaced_step_prepare_status linux_displaced_step_prepare(gdbarch*, thread_info*, CORE_ADDR&): Assertion `g

2021-07-07 Thread Iain Lane
On Wed, Jul 07, 2021 at 08:30:32AM -, Matthias Klose wrote: > fixed in 11.0.90.20210705-0ubuntu2 yep, thanks for reproducing and forwarding! -- Iain Lane [ i...@orangesquash.org.uk ] Debian Developer [ la...@debian.

[Touch-packages] [Bug 1934505] Re: gdb 11 doesn't work on impish/s390x: internal-error: displaced_step_prepare_status linux_displaced_step_prepare(gdbarch*, thread_info*, CORE_ADDR&): Assertion `gdbar

2021-07-05 Thread Iain Lane
** Summary changed: - gdb 11 doesn't work on impish: internal-error: displaced_step_prepare_status linux_displaced_step_prepare(gdbarch*, thread_info*, CORE_ADDR&): Assertion `gdbarch_data->num_disp_step_buffers > 0' failed. + gdb 11 doesn't work on impish/s390x: internal-error:

[Touch-packages] [Bug 1934505] [NEW] gdb 11 doesn't work on impish: internal-error: displaced_step_prepare_status linux_displaced_step_prepare(gdbarch*, thread_info*, CORE_ADDR&): Assertion `gdbarch_d

2021-07-02 Thread Iain Lane
Public bug reported: gdb doesn't work on impish/s390x at the minute. Even if you say 'no' to both questions you still can't debug: ubuntu@laney-bos01-s390x-2:~/glib-networking-2.66.0/build$ gdb ls GNU gdb (Ubuntu 11.0.50.20210630-0ubuntu1) 11.0.50.20210630-git Copyright (C) 2021 Free Software

[Touch-packages] [Bug 1928931] Re: German strings in deja-dup.mo for en_GB

2021-06-24 Thread Iain Lane
Hmm no, it needs removing first, my upload got rejected. -- You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to language-pack-gnome-en in Ubuntu. https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1928931 Title: German strings in deja-dup.mo for

[Touch-packages] [Bug 1928931] Re: German strings in deja-dup.mo for en_GB

2021-06-24 Thread Iain Lane
Okay, done. I think: remove this, let the removal publish, accept the new one. Hopefully the ageing period can be waived on that. -- You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to language-pack-gnome-en in Ubuntu.

[Touch-packages] [Bug 1928931] Re: German strings in deja-dup.mo for en_GB

2021-06-24 Thread Iain Lane
Wait, isn't the version wrong? 1:21.10+20210415ubuntu1. I'm going to re-upload to the queue with 1:21.04. Also, can we just run a langpack export for impish to fix this there please? The version is greater than hirsute's now so I can't just copy up. -- You received this bug notification

[Touch-packages] [Bug 1918044] Re: (Update libgweather to 3.36.2) Weather forecast and info is not available anymore

2021-06-22 Thread Iain Lane
ntu) Status: Confirmed => Fix Released ** Changed in: gnome-weather (Ubuntu Focal) Assignee: (unassigned) => Iain Lane (laney) ** Changed in: libgweather (Ubuntu Focal) Assignee: (unassigned) => Iain Lane (laney) ** Tags removed: rls-ff-incoming -- You received this bug

[Touch-packages] [Bug 1925742] Re: Recent iCloud versions trigger an issue in IMAP x

2021-06-22 Thread Iain Lane
** Changed in: evolution-data-server (Ubuntu Hirsute) Assignee: (unassigned) => Sebastien Bacher (seb128) ** Tags removed: rls-hh-incoming -- You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to evolution-data-server in Ubuntu.

[Touch-packages] [Bug 1918855] Re: Xorg xserver got signal 6 to abort

2021-06-22 Thread Iain Lane
** Changed in: mesa (Ubuntu Focal) Assignee: (unassigned) => Timo Aaltonen (tjaalton) ** Changed in: mesa (Ubuntu Hirsute) Assignee: (unassigned) => Timo Aaltonen (tjaalton) -- You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu Touch seeded packages, which is

[Touch-packages] [Bug 1932311] Re: migrate to llvm 12

2021-06-22 Thread Iain Lane
** Changed in: mesa (Ubuntu Focal) Assignee: (unassigned) => Timo Aaltonen (tjaalton) ** Changed in: mesa (Ubuntu Hirsute) Assignee: (unassigned) => Timo Aaltonen (tjaalton) -- You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu Touch seeded packages, which is

[Touch-packages] [Bug 1871538] Re: dbus timeout-ed during an upgrade, taking services down including gdm

2021-06-22 Thread Iain Lane
** Changed in: accountsservice (Ubuntu Groovy) Status: New => Invalid ** Changed in: accountsservice (Ubuntu Hirsute) Status: New => Invalid ** Changed in: gnome-shell (Ubuntu Groovy) Status: New => Invalid ** Changed in: gnome-shell (Ubuntu Hirsute) Status: New =>

[Touch-packages] [Bug 1928931] Re: German strings in deja-dup.mo for en_GB

2021-06-22 Thread Iain Lane
> hm, do we actually know *why* this happened? Yes, someone mis-translated the strings on Launchpad. I reverted them all now, but I don't think we have any way of dealing with that happening again, do we? I've just verified the SRU. I installed language-pack-gnome-en 1:21.10+20210415ubuntu1 and

Re: [Touch-packages] [Bug 1894619] Re: [2.82 regression] router announcements have 'forever' lifetime by default

2021-06-21 Thread Iain Lane
nd why it should be different whether you're using DHCPv6 or SLAAC, but maybe it's just me not getting something right now. If it's fine, then feel free to drop the patch and upload a NM with adjusted regexes (preferrably committing to the VCS too). Cheers, -- Iain Lane

[Touch-packages] [Bug 1871538] Re: dbus timeout-ed during an upgrade, taking services down including gdm

2021-06-17 Thread Iain Lane
I filed an upstream bug with D-Bus: https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/dbus/dbus/-/issues/337 Hopefully a maintainer there will be able to give a better opinion as to what's going on here ** Bug watch added: gitlab.freedesktop.org/dbus/dbus/-/issues #337

[Touch-packages] [Bug 1871538] Re: dbus timeout-ed during an upgrade, taking services down including gdm

2021-06-16 Thread Iain Lane
Thanks! Here's where I think the problem starts: Ok, let's authenticate to dbus: Jun 16 08:54:54 alan-hirsute-base-aiamcicscciaelhaktpo systemd[1]: Bus bus-api-system: changing state AUTHENTICATING → HELLO ... Jun 16 08:54:54 alan-hirsute-base-aiamcicscciaelhaktpo systemd[1]: Bus

[Touch-packages] [Bug 1931088] Re: boot-and-services tests fails in impish on armhf (248.3)

2021-06-15 Thread Iain Lane
I have added a badtest hint for this version, so that the many packages blocked by this can become unblocked. But could somebody please take a look? The hint is only for this version so the issue will come back with the next systemd upload unless fixed. (I'll reset systemd to "New" so that it

[Touch-packages] [Bug 1871538] Re: dbus timeout-ed during an upgrade, taking services down including gdm

2021-06-15 Thread Iain Lane
That's interesting actually. I thought this was an interaction between reloading dbus-daemon and daemon-reloading systems at the same time. But in this cloud case, I don't think dbus is being reloaded, is it? It's going to be next to impossible for me to look into this in detail without being

[Touch-packages] [Bug 1931088] Re: boot-and-services tests fails in impish on armhf (248.3)

2021-06-10 Thread Iain Lane
Just to put the information on the bug, I reproduced this failure on a Raspberry Pi, not a piece of the Scalingstack infrastructure in sight ;-) As far as I can tell it looked as if it's timing out waiting for network-online.target to become active. It seems as if installing network-manager makes

[Touch-packages] [Bug 1928001] Re: [SRU] New stable release 2.68.1

2021-05-19 Thread Iain Lane
I ran the applications listed in the description against 2.68.1-1~ubuntu21.04.1. I also generally exercised the desktop for a while and didn't notice anything odd. ** Tags removed: verification-needed verification-needed-hirsute ** Tags added: verification-done verification-done-hirsute -- You

[Touch-packages] [Bug 1928931] [NEW] German strings in deja-dup.mo for en_GB

2021-05-19 Thread Iain Lane
(Ubuntu Hirsute) Importance: Undecided Assignee: Iain Lane (laney) Status: In Progress ** Attachment added: "Screenshot from 2021-05-19 09-51-59.png" https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1928931/+attachment/5498717/+files/Screenshot%20from%202021-05-19%2009-51-59.pn

[Touch-packages] [Bug 1928001] Re: [SRU] New stable release 2.68.1

2021-05-18 Thread Iain Lane
automake-1.16> same started happening in impish too - you could cherry- pick 2b8b44ffc37047231757780952f6290398fb73e2 to the hints maybe? netplan.io> slyon told me this is known bad and is skipped in other releases already (upstream) and will be included in the next SRU to hirsute, if any. could

[Touch-packages] [Bug 1926843] Re: online accounts integration with fb isn't working

2021-05-12 Thread Iain Lane
I retried libgdata and it works now -- You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to gnome-online-accounts in Ubuntu. https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1926843 Title: online accounts integration with fb isn't working Status

[Touch-packages] [Bug 1928001] [NEW] [SRU] New stable release 2.68.1

2021-05-10 Thread Iain Lane
t also run applications like GNOME terminal, Files and Epiphany. ** Affects: glib2.0 (Ubuntu) Importance: Undecided Status: Fix Released ** Affects: glib2.0 (Ubuntu Hirsute) Importance: Undecided Assignee: Iain Lane (laney) Status: In Progress ** Also affects: glib2

[Touch-packages] [Bug 1821415] Re: pkexec fails in a non-graphical environment

2021-04-06 Thread Iain Lane
(but I asked for some input there from an apport maintainer, it could be better than I did it) -- You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to apport in Ubuntu. https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1821415 Title: pkexec fails

[Touch-packages] [Bug 1821415] Re: pkexec fails in a non-graphical environment

2021-04-06 Thread Iain Lane
See the attached branch, it's a fix for this in apport. ** Branch linked: lp:~laney/apport/pkttyagent -- You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to apport in Ubuntu. https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1821415 Title: pkexec

[Touch-packages] [Bug 1821415] Re: pkexec fails in a non-graphical environment

2021-04-06 Thread Iain Lane
I don't think we would want to carry the proposed patch as a distro patch. So as long as polkit doesn't have direct support for this, apport should do as systemd does, and spawn pkttyagent (--fallback) itself. I'll try quickly now to work on an initial patch for this. ** Changed in: policykit-1

[Touch-packages] [Bug 1920665] Re: Ubiquity KDE crash on try/install and from live session with "malloc(): unaligned tcache chunk detected"

2021-04-06 Thread Iain Lane
assigning to timo for better tracking ** Changed in: mesa (Ubuntu Hirsute) Assignee: (unassigned) => Timo Aaltonen (tjaalton) ** Changed in: ubiquity (Ubuntu Hirsute) Status: Confirmed => Incomplete -- You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu Touch

[Touch-packages] [Bug 1873895] Re: Regression: block staircase display with side-by-side monitors of different pixel widths

2021-04-06 Thread Iain Lane
This came up on our tracking report for the desktop team, but we're not clear what is required in libxcb/amdgpu vs. a fix in the WMs themselves. Can someone clarify please? ** Changed in: libxcb (Ubuntu) Status: Confirmed => Incomplete ** Changed in: libxcb (Ubuntu Focal) Status:

[Touch-packages] [Bug 1922681] [NEW] manpages are wrong about PATH inheriting from the environment now

2021-04-06 Thread Iain Lane
Public bug reported: I posted this on bug #1779767 but since that got closed it's probably going to be lost there. tl;dr the manpage(s) needs to be fixed for this change as well: Julian, thanks for the fix. In crontab(5) in cron 3.0pl1-136ubuntu2 the manpage is now wrong. It says: > Several

[Touch-packages] [Bug 1920601] Re: Frequent test failures caused by networking issues on armhf runners

2021-03-24 Thread Iain Lane
Neat, can someone prepare a merge proposal for that? -- You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to apt in Ubuntu. https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1920601 Title: Frequent test failures caused by networking issues on armhf

[Touch-packages] [Bug 1920601] Re: Frequent test failures caused by networking issues on armhf runners

2021-03-24 Thread Iain Lane
I think both things would be fine. It's better to not surface these problems to end users if we can, which we have a mechanism to do. If and when apt gets a fix which works, then these retries will automatically stop happening and we can remove the workarounds. -- You received this bug

[Touch-packages] [Bug 1779767] Re: Default cron PATH does not include /snap/bin

2021-03-16 Thread Iain Lane
Julian, thanks for the fix. In crontab(5) in cron 3.0pl1-136ubuntu2 the manpage is now wrong. It says: > Several environment variables are set up automatically by the cron(8) daemon. > […] PATH is set to "/usr/bin:/bin". HOME, SHELL, and PATH may be overridden > by settings in the crontab […]

[Touch-packages] [Bug 1917763] Re: FFE: new upstream release 21.0 and migrate to llvm 12

2021-03-12 Thread Iain Lane
ACK, go for it (with 11 for now, I agree that switching to an RC compiler feels dodgy) ** Changed in: mesa (Ubuntu) Status: New => Triaged ** Changed in: mesa (Ubuntu) Importance: Undecided => Medium -- You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu Touch

[Touch-packages] [Bug 1916705] Re: glib2.0 >=2.67.3 breaks include from an extern C context

2021-03-08 Thread Iain Lane
> Also open-vm-tools is also FTBFS by this, so I need to add a task and work on that as well. You want this kind of thing minimally to get over the FTBFS: --- open-vm-tools-11.2.5.orig/open-vm-tools/configure.ac +++ open-vm-tools-11.2.5/open-vm-tools/configure.ac @@ -503,6 +503,9 @@

[Touch-packages] [Bug 1916701] Re: [glib2.0 2.67.4-1] Black screen on boot, login screen missing/delayed, eventually comes up without Wayland support (only Xorg sessions offered)

2021-03-01 Thread Iain Lane
** Changed in: glib2.0 (Ubuntu) Assignee: Marco Trevisan (Treviño) (3v1n0) => Iain Lane (laney) -- You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to glib2.0 in Ubuntu. https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1916701 Ti

[Touch-packages] [Bug 1916705] Re: glib2.0 >=2.67.3 breaks include from an extern C context

2021-03-01 Thread Iain Lane
uot;C"' context. GLib has G_{BEGIN,END}_DECLS that might help with this. ** Changed in: glib2.0 (Ubuntu) Status: New => In Progress ** Changed in: glib2.0 (Ubuntu) Assignee: (unassigned) => Iain Lane (laney) -- You received this bug notification because you are a mem

[Touch-packages] [Bug 1915126] Re: autopkgtest times out (or fails before that) in hirsute on test infra, passes locally

2021-02-24 Thread Iain Lane
Sorry for not replying to comment #11, although we chatted on IRC. The main difference is the passing of the test name I think, but the full autopkgtest command that I used is at the top of the log. I hope using this exact command and adding --shell-fail is enough for anyone to reproduce. --

[Touch-packages] [Bug 1915784] Re: Permissions of executables pointing to "buildd"

2021-02-16 Thread Iain Lane
*** This bug is a duplicate of bug 1915250 *** https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1915250 hi, thanks, the team are already tracking this in bug #1915250 and said they are working on fixing everything ** This bug has been marked a duplicate of bug 1915250 buildd file owner/group for shared

[Touch-packages] [Bug 1915126] Re: autopkgtest times out (or fails before that) in hirsute on test infra, passes locally

2021-02-12 Thread Iain Lane
Ok, here you go. I reproduced the (or a) failure in Canonistack. This was the first run FWIW, so it wasn't too hard to get it to fail: autopkgtest [14:05:12]: test systemd-fsckd: [--- test_fsck_failure (__main__.FsckdTest) Ensure that a failing fsck doesn't prevent fsckd to

[Touch-packages] [Bug 1915126] Re: autopkgtest times out (or fails before that) in hirsute on test infra, passes locally

2021-02-11 Thread Iain Lane
I'm running a test on Canonistack. I'm hoping that this will reproduce the failures we're seeing, and then they can be investigated. That is closer to what is running in production than the QEMU runner. I don't think we have evidence that this is an 'infra issue', so I'm marking the

Re: [Touch-packages] [Bug 1915126] Re: autopkgtest times out (or fails before that) in hirsute on test infra, passes locally

2021-02-11 Thread Iain Lane
ue. The Release Team can decide if they want to hint > the test and lose gating coverage, but I'm not filing the hint because > IMO the test infra should be fixed. Is there chance we can be a little bit more constructive? We're not warring factions here. -- Iain Lane

[Touch-packages] [Bug 1907433] Re: [SRU] New stable release 2.64.6

2021-01-27 Thread Iain Lane
> retry the test That has been done. Now the only red is netplan.io. -- You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to glib2.0 in Ubuntu. https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1907433 Title: [SRU] New stable release 2.64.6

[Touch-packages] [Bug 1907433] Re: [SRU] New stable release 2.64.6

2021-01-25 Thread Iain Lane
> retry the test with a trigger on libxmlb to get the -proposed version installed. -- You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to glib2.0 in Ubuntu. https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1907433 Title: [SRU] New stable release

[Touch-packages] [Bug 1907433] Re: [SRU] New stable release 2.64.6

2021-01-25 Thread Iain Lane
Okay I've verified this now, thanks for adding. Using 2.64.6-1~ubuntu20.04.1 I tested - Logging in to Ubuntu - Logging out from Ubuntu - Fast user switching w/gdm3 - Many applications which use GLib, including gedit and epiphany-browser It seems good to me. There are two outstanding

[Touch-packages] [Bug 1871268] Re: Installation fails due to useless immediate configuration error when "Install Third-Party Drivers" is selected

2021-01-19 Thread Iain Lane
** Changed in: ubuntu-cdimage Assignee: Shamindra (wy-354) => (unassigned) -- You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to apt in Ubuntu. https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1871268 Title: Installation fails due to

[Touch-packages] [Bug 1910576] Re: [MIR] libbpf (dependency of iproute2)

2021-01-15 Thread Iain Lane
laney@dev> ./change-override -S -c main -s hirsute libbpf Override component to main libbpf 0.3-2 in hirsute: universe/misc -> main libbpf-dev 1:0.3-2 in hirsute amd64: universe/libdevel/optional/100% -> main libbpf-dev 1:0.3-2 in hirsute arm64: universe/libdevel/optional/100% -> main libbpf-dev

[Touch-packages] [Bug 1779767] Re: Default cron PATH does not include /snap/bin

2021-01-14 Thread Iain Lane
This bug is old but I'm going to un-duplicate it. I don't believe it is fixed. I've got a cron script on focal (cron 3.0pl1-136ubuntu1) which is indirectly running `lxc` from a snap (/snap/bin/lxc). I found the following in mail though: /home/ubuntu/autopkgtest/tools/autopkgtest-build-lxd: 139:

[Touch-packages] [Bug 1908502] Re: [MIR] libtiff5 dependency on libdeflate0

2021-01-13 Thread Iain Lane
** Also affects: tiff (Ubuntu Hirsute) Importance: Undecided Assignee: Olivier Tilloy (osomon) Status: Confirmed ** Also affects: libdeflate (Ubuntu Hirsute) Importance: Undecided Status: Incomplete ** Tags removed: rls-hh-incoming -- You received this bug notification

[Touch-packages] [Bug 1627564] Re: Debconf crash due to assertion failure in ensure_surface_for_gicon [gtkiconhelper.c:493] (when png loader is missing/during upgrades)

2021-01-13 Thread Iain Lane
> OTOH I think there is an easy fix for GTK+ to always include an "image-missing" icon at compile time I'm sorry, it's not that easy. A PNG icon is indeed included, and it gets found properly (also from the actual icon theme; that is a dependency of GTK). The problem is the ability to load PNGs

[Touch-packages] [Bug 1908136] Re: no_proxy=::1 is not honored by curl in Bionic and earlier versions

2020-12-16 Thread Iain Lane
** Changed in: auto-package-testing Status: New => Fix Released -- You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to curl in Ubuntu. https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1908136 Title: no_proxy=::1 is not honored by curl in

[Touch-packages] [Bug 1907433] Re: [SRU] New stable release 2.64.6

2020-12-09 Thread Iain Lane
** Description changed: [ Description ] Take this new upstrem stable release. Overview of changes in GLib 2.64.6 == * This is expected to be the last release in the 2.64 series; the new stable - series is 2.66, and maintenance efforts will

[Touch-packages] [Bug 1907433] [NEW] [SRU] New stable release 2.64.6

2020-12-09 Thread Iain Lane
t also run applications like GNOME terminal, Files and Epiphany. ** Affects: glib2.0 (Ubuntu) Importance: Undecided Status: Fix Released ** Affects: glib2.0 (Ubuntu Focal) Importance: Undecided Assignee: Iain Lane (laney) Status: In Progress ** Also affects: glib2

[Touch-packages] [Bug 1903048] Re: [SRU] Bluetooth won't activate on the pi 400

2020-11-13 Thread Iain Lane
The point for me is that we should be trying to avoid taking on indefinite technical debt (patches that have to be rebased forever). It's "fine" to include them ahead of any upstream schedule if we need to for hardware enablement, but we do need to have plans to make this be a non permanent

[Touch-packages] [Bug 1902898] Re: power-button action inconsistent between user session and greeter

2020-11-04 Thread Iain Lane
Issue here I think is that we use per-session overrides for the majority of our Ubuntu customisations, and these don't apply to greeter sessions. ** Tags added: rls-hh-incoming -- You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to

[Touch-packages] [Bug 1897934] Re: [SRU][Intel HDA] The initial sound level is set to zero (muted)

2020-10-22 Thread Iain Lane
ah I see, OK - I will upload, thanks! can you update the test case to say that this version of alsa-utils is needed please? maybe provide a PPA link for people to install it with, until that is accepted into focal? ** Changed in: alsa-lib (Ubuntu Focal) Status: Incomplete => Fix Committed

[Touch-packages] [Bug 1897934] Re: [SRU][Intel HDA] The initial sound level is set to zero (muted)

2020-10-22 Thread Iain Lane
I don't see the same problem on the Focal ISO - do we need to fix this in Focal? ** Changed in: alsa-lib (Ubuntu Focal) Status: In Progress => Incomplete -- You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to alsa-lib in

[Touch-packages] [Bug 1898729] Re: shim can end up being removed

2020-10-07 Thread Iain Lane
That does sound useful and worth scheduling I think. I didn't know about that until now! I'll try to find some time soon to go back to the release I installed from and take a look there, per Steve's suggestion. -- You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu Touch

[Touch-packages] [Bug 1898729] Re: shim can end up being removed

2020-10-06 Thread Iain Lane
Cheers Steve. Nope, -proposed is not enabled. Yes, it happened - it was the result of an explicit autoremove on my part though after I had dist-upgraded to current focal-updates. I should have noticed that this was happening and stopped it, granted. :) Attached is the snippet of apt's term.log

[Touch-packages] [Bug 1898729] Re: shim can end up being removed

2020-10-06 Thread Iain Lane
I've marked apt as affected because it ships /etc/apt/apt.conf.d/01autoremove but I suppose each of the affected packages could also supply their own snippets. ** Tags added: rls-ff-incoming -- You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu Touch seeded packages, which is

[Touch-packages] [Bug 1898729] [NEW] shim can end up being removed

2020-10-06 Thread Iain Lane
Public bug reported: I just did a set of package updates in focal that ended up with shim shim-signed mokutil being autoremoved. I rebooted without noticing, and had to manually recover the system thereafter. :( Julian says there was a period of time where these were marked auto. I suppose that

[Touch-packages] [Bug 1897932] [NEW] systemd-repart not packaged

2020-09-30 Thread Iain Lane
Public bug reported: systemd-repart is not (as of 246.6-1ubuntu1) packaged in the Ubuntu/Debian packages of systemd - probably because it has an extra dependency? I'd like to use it in our new raspberry pi images where we don't have cloud-init installed. We're already using systemd-growfs, but

[Touch-packages] [Bug 1896577] Re: FFE: new upstream release 20.2 and migrate to llvm 11

2020-09-29 Thread Iain Lane
Already said on IRC, but mentioning here for other RT members: I'd like to see (1) an analysis of the risks of this update, and (2) a description of what testing you've done, please. -- You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu Touch seeded packages, which is

[Touch-packages] [Bug 1871538] Re: dbus timeout-ed during an upgrade, taking services down including gdm

2020-09-25 Thread Iain Lane
Yeah, sorry, I don't think that's a reproducer for the bug. You killed dbus, gdm and everything else, and they obligingly died on you. :) My feeling is that this bug is about a deadlock that somehow happens when dbus and/or systemd are reloaded, possibly at the same time. It looks like dbus stops

[Touch-packages] [Bug 1894195] Re: FFe: Merge iptables 1.8.5-3 (main) from Debian sid (main)

2020-09-25 Thread Iain Lane
Right, yes, please do go ahead. It was pointed out before that this would be desirable after we switched away from -legacy due to the nature of the fixes. I had thought from the diff of debian/tests/control that the test coverage of the nft backend was being reduced, but then I took a look at

[Touch-packages] [Bug 1895060] Re: [FFe] apparmor 3 upstream release

2020-09-21 Thread Iain Lane
OK, go for it! ** Changed in: apparmor (Ubuntu) Status: New => Confirmed -- You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to apparmor in Ubuntu. https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1895060 Title: [FFe] apparmor 3 upstream

[Touch-packages] [Bug 1895060] Re: [FFe] apparmor 3 upstream release

2020-09-21 Thread Iain Lane
Just to confirm, your intention (barring bugs) is that there should be no breakage for existing apparmor profiles and consumers of the rewritten tools? If so, I think this should still be fine at this stage. -- You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu Touch seeded

[Touch-packages] [Bug 1891632] Re: The network manager does not check the NM_SETTING_WIRELESS_WAKE_ON_WLAN_IGNORE bit

2020-09-16 Thread Iain Lane
I've uploaded, thanks. But the regression potential section needs improving, "None" isn't enough. Please improve it to discuss where people should focus their attention / testing. -- You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed

[Touch-packages] [Bug 1891632] Re: The network manager does not check the NM_SETTING_WIRELESS_WAKE_ON_WLAN_IGNORE bit

2020-09-16 Thread Iain Lane
** Also affects: oem-priority/focal Importance: Undecided Status: New ** Changed in: oem-priority/focal Status: New => Invalid ** Also affects: network-manager (Ubuntu Focal) Importance: Undecided Status: New ** Changed in: network-manager (Ubuntu) Status: New

[Touch-packages] [Bug 1894838] Re: FFe: update to 2.4.53, fixing crash bugs

2020-09-15 Thread Iain Lane
Agreed that taking the unit which upstream has validated is more sensible than backporting. Thanks for the detailed report. I think the only thing which I would like to see in future is you saying that (and how) you've tested it manually and spotted no regressions. But go ahead this time. --

[Touch-packages] [Bug 1894619] Re: [2.82 regression] router announcements have 'forever' lifetime by default

2020-09-09 Thread Iain Lane
I think either of the patches is probably fine, no idea what any upstream reviewer will prefer. I guess it would be good to upload one of them sooner rather than later though, to (1) unbreak dnsmasq, (2) unblock network-manager. -- You received this bug notification because you are a member of

[Touch-packages] [Bug 1881699] Re: No analog output

2020-09-08 Thread Iain Lane
there's an updated kernel in that bug, jibel can you test it please to confirm if this is a dupe or not? ** Tags removed: rls-gg-incoming -- You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to pulseaudio in Ubuntu.

[Touch-packages] [Bug 1881699] Re: No analog output

2020-09-08 Thread Iain Lane
please re-add the tag if it's not -- You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to pulseaudio in Ubuntu. https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1881699 Title: No analog output Status in linux package in Ubuntu: Confirmed Status

[Touch-packages] [Bug 1894619] Re: [2.82 regression] router announcements have 'forever' lifetime by default

2020-09-07 Thread Iain Lane
I proposed a patch on the thread, waiting for feedback. -- You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to dnsmasq in Ubuntu. https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1894619 Title: [2.82 regression] router announcements have

[Touch-packages] [Bug 1894619] [NEW] [2.82 regression] router announcements have 'forever' lifetime by default

2020-09-07 Thread Iain Lane
Public bug reported: The default lifetime was changed to 1 day in 2.82 in the change corresponding to this changelog entry: Change default lease time for DHCPv6 to one day. Fine, but the same commit also did this: Alter calculation of preferred and valid times in router

[Touch-packages] [Bug 1893958] Re: [FFe] Please accept iptables 1.8.4-3ubuntu3 switching to nftables backend

2020-09-03 Thread Iain Lane
** Changed in: iptables (Ubuntu) Status: New => Confirmed -- You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to iptables in Ubuntu. https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1893958 Title: [FFe] Please accept iptables

[Touch-packages] [Bug 1893958] Re: [FFe] Please accept iptables 1.8.4-3ubuntu3 switching to nftables backend

2020-09-03 Thread Iain Lane
Have you checked with the LXD team that they are happy with this? If so, ack from me. If 1.8.5 fixes bugs then we should take that for sure - please could you make sure to do that (can be later, but not much later)? -- You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu Touch

[Touch-packages] [Bug 1883694] Re: [SRU] New upstream release 2.64.3

2020-07-06 Thread Iain Lane
dium + + * No-change backport from unstable / groovy to focal. + + -- Iain Lane Tue, 16 Jun 2020 11:53:34 +0100 + +glib2.0 (2.64.3-1) unstable; urgency=medium + + * Team upload + + [ Laurent Bigonville ] + * Drop the libgio-fam package, and install the fam GIO pl

[Touch-packages] [Bug 1860620] Re: ubuntu-desktop-minimal should not depend on mysql libs

2020-06-30 Thread Iain Lane
I’m not sure if depending on a library and -common (the initial apt log shows the client and server themselves were *not* installed) is a particular problem, but if so, this is coming from libsnmp35. ** Package changed: ubuntu-meta (Ubuntu) => net-snmp (Ubuntu) -- You received this bug

[Touch-packages] [Bug 1876693] Re: [SRU] New stable release 1.64.1

2020-06-16 Thread Iain Lane
`) * gimarshallingtests: Use g_assert_cmpfloat_with_epsilon. Fixes tests on some architectures :mr:`200` (:user:`Iain Lane `) [ QA ] GNOME has a micro release exception that covers this package. https://wiki.ubuntu.com/StableReleaseUpdates/GNOME So we don't need to verify the fixes explicitly. Do

[Touch-packages] [Bug 1883694] [NEW] [SRU] New upstream release 2.64.3

2020-06-16 Thread Iain Lane
Public bug reported: [ Description ] Take this new upstrem stable release. +glib2.0 (2.64.3-1~ubuntu20.04.1) UNRELEASED; urgency=medium + + * No-change backport from unstable / groovy to focal. + + -- Iain Lane Tue, 16 Jun 2020 11:53:34 +0100 + +glib2.0 (2.64.3-1) unstable; urgency=medium

[Touch-packages] [Bug 1559650] Re: gnome-shell crashed with SIGSEGV in ___vsnprintf_chk()

2020-06-15 Thread Iain Lane
I've sponsored the debdiff to bionic's queue -- You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to libxau in Ubuntu. https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1559650 Title: gnome-shell crashed with SIGSEGV in ___vsnprintf_chk() Status

[Touch-packages] [Bug 1875558] Re: [SRU] libproxy1-plugin-gsettings triggers a lot of warnings

2020-06-08 Thread Iain Lane
Checked too, seems good to me - updating tags. Thanks! ** Tags removed: verification-needed verification-needed-focal ** Tags added: verification-done verification-done-focal -- You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to

[Touch-packages] [Bug 1859308] Re: software-properties-gtk erroneously reports that certain Intel wireless adapter cards are not working

2020-05-19 Thread Iain Lane
** Also affects: software-properties (Ubuntu Groovy) Importance: Low Assignee: Olivier Tilloy (osomon) Status: Confirmed -- You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to software-properties in Ubuntu.

[Touch-packages] [Bug 1878553] Re: Ubuntu could not install Virtualbox Guest addons

2020-05-19 Thread Iain Lane
** Also affects: software-properties (Ubuntu Groovy) Importance: Undecided Assignee: Olivier Tilloy (osomon) Status: New -- You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to software-properties in Ubuntu.

[Touch-packages] [Bug 1843982] Re: Various programs crashed with SIGSEGV in g_str_hash() from g_hash_table_lookup() from update_user()

2020-05-15 Thread Iain Lane
Right. It's in the library. Programs will remain using the versions of the libraries that were on the system when they started, so that means that you need to upgrade, reboot, and *then* try the restart. I should update the QA steps to make that more clear, will do. ** Description changed: [

[Touch-packages] [Bug 1878611] Re: accountsservice 0.6.55-0ubuntu12~20.04.1 update crashes into greeter

2020-05-15 Thread Iain Lane
*** This bug is a duplicate of bug 1843982 *** https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1843982 It's not a regression. It is in fact the same bug happening one last time. I just explained it in the other bug, hope that's clear. (If I'm not understanding right, please un-dupe and re-open this bug.)

[Touch-packages] [Bug 1877093] Re: [SRU] New stable release 2.34.2

2020-05-09 Thread Iain Lane
autopkgtest [15:02:47]: test tests: ---] autopkgtest [15:02:48]: test tests: - - - - - - - - - - results - - - - - - - - - - testsPASS autopkgtest [15:02:49]: summary testsPASS Successfully signed dsc, buildinfo, changes

[Touch-packages] [Bug 1877093] Re: [SRU] New stable release 2.34.2

2020-05-09 Thread Iain Lane
Thanks. -- You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to at-spi2-atk in Ubuntu. https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1877093 Title: [SRU] New stable release 2.34.2 Status in at-spi2-atk package in Ubuntu: Fix Released Status

[Touch-packages] [Bug 1877093] [NEW] [SRU] New stable release 2.34.2

2020-05-06 Thread Iain Lane
-atk (Ubuntu Focal) Importance: Undecided Assignee: Iain Lane (laney) Status: In Progress ** Also affects: at-spi2-atk (Ubuntu Focal) Importance: Undecided Status: New ** Changed in: at-spi2-atk (Ubuntu Focal) Status: New => In Progress ** Changed in: at-s

[Touch-packages] [Bug 1843982] Re: Various programs crashed with SIGSEGV in g_str_hash() from g_hash_table_lookup() from update_user()

2020-05-05 Thread Iain Lane
Okay, I've uploaded a fix to groovy and the review queue for 20.04. ** Description changed: + [ Description ] + + When accountsservice's daemon is restarted - particularly when there is + a user configured for auto login - it can cause code using its library + to crash. This is bad because

[Touch-packages] [Bug 1876693] [NEW] [SRU] New stable release 1.64.1

2020-05-04 Thread Iain Lane
`) * gimarshallingtests: Use g_assert_cmpfloat_with_epsilon. Fixes tests on some architectures :mr:`200` (:user:`Iain Lane `) [ QA ] GNOME has a micro release exception that covers this package. https://wiki.ubuntu.com/StableReleaseUpdates/GNOME So we don't need to verify the fixes explicitly. Do

[Touch-packages] [Bug 1873658] Re: Deb Files are not associated with an application that manages packages

2020-04-24 Thread Iain Lane
We discussed this a bit amongst the release team, and there was a concern that this might not work properly for flavours - which I think that Ken believes is fine, but it would be good to actually verify explicitly. So please could you flesh out the description to fit the SRU template, and add a

[Touch-packages] [Bug 1843982] Re: Various programs crashed with SIGSEGV in g_str_hash() from g_hash_table_lookup() from update_user()

2020-04-15 Thread Iain Lane
** Also affects: accountsservice (Ubuntu Focal) Importance: High Assignee: Iain Lane (laney) Status: Triaged ** Changed in: accountsservice (Ubuntu Focal) Milestone: None => ubuntu-20.04.1 -- You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu Touch see

[Touch-packages] [Bug 1864274] Re: crunchy pixels

2020-03-17 Thread Iain Lane
** Also affects: mesa (Ubuntu Focal) Importance: Undecided Status: Confirmed ** Changed in: mesa (Ubuntu Focal) Assignee: (unassigned) => Timo Aaltonen (tjaalton) ** Tags removed: champagne -- You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu Touch seeded

  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   >