[Touch-packages] [Bug 1902109] Re: rsync uses lchmod and fails in Ubuntu >= 20.10

2020-10-29 Thread Robie Basak
Thank you for taking the time to report this bug and helping to make Ubuntu better. This is interesting and I appreciate your investigation! I wonder though if there's a third outcome here - that it's not a bug because the glibc implementation of lchmod() requires /proc to be mounted, and if you

[Touch-packages] [Bug 1899195] Re: /usr/share/apport/apport:AttributeError:/usr/share/apport/apport@451:parse_arguments:print_usage:_print_message

2020-10-28 Thread Robie Basak
Hello errors.ubuntu.com, or anyone else affected, Accepted apport into bionic-proposed. The package will build now and be available at https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/apport/2.20.9-0ubuntu7.19 in a few hours, and then in the -proposed repository. Please help us by testing this new package.

[Touch-packages] [Bug 1899195] Re: /usr/share/apport/apport:AttributeError:/usr/share/apport/apport@451:parse_arguments:print_usage:_print_message

2020-10-28 Thread Robie Basak
Hello errors.ubuntu.com, or anyone else affected, Accepted apport into focal-proposed. The package will build now and be available at https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/apport/2.20.11-0ubuntu27.11 in a few hours, and then in the -proposed repository. Please help us by testing this new package.

[Touch-packages] [Bug 1899195] Re: /usr/share/apport/apport:AttributeError:/usr/share/apport/apport@451:parse_arguments:print_usage:_print_message

2020-10-28 Thread Robie Basak
Hello errors.ubuntu.com, or anyone else affected, Accepted apport into xenial-proposed. The package will build now and be available at https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/apport/2.20.1-0ubuntu2.26 in a few hours, and then in the -proposed repository. Please help us by testing this new package.

[Touch-packages] [Bug 1899195] Proposed package upload rejected

2020-10-28 Thread Robie Basak
An upload of apport to bionic-proposed has been rejected from the upload queue for the following reason: "Symlinks appear inadvertently flattened; for example bin/apport-collect has changed from a symlink to a flat file.". -- You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu

[Touch-packages] [Bug 1899195] Proposed package upload rejected

2020-10-28 Thread Robie Basak
An upload of apport to focal-proposed has been rejected from the upload queue for the following reason: "Symlinks appear inadvertently flattened; for example bin/apport-collect has changed from a symlink to a flat file.". -- You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu

[Touch-packages] [Bug 1873678] Re: gnome-language-selector crashed with dbus.exceptions.DBusException in call_blocking(): org.freedesktop.Accounts.Error.Failed: 'C.UTF-8' is not a valid locale name

2020-10-14 Thread Robie Basak
Hello Robert, or anyone else affected, Accepted accountsservice into focal-proposed. The package will build now and be available at https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/accountsservice/0.6.55-0ubuntu12~20.04.2 in a few hours, and then in the -proposed repository. Please help us by testing this

[Touch-packages] [Bug 1895865] Re: /usr/share/apport/dump_acpi_tables.py:PermissionError:/usr/share/apport/dump_acpi_tables.py@59:dump_acpi_tables:dump_acpi_table

2020-10-07 Thread Robie Basak
Hello errors.ubuntu.com, or anyone else affected, Accepted apport into focal-proposed. The package will build now and be available at https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/apport/2.20.11-0ubuntu27.10 in a few hours, and then in the -proposed repository. Please help us by testing this new package.

[Touch-packages] [Bug 1895865] Re: /usr/share/apport/dump_acpi_tables.py:PermissionError:/usr/share/apport/dump_acpi_tables.py@59:dump_acpi_tables:dump_acpi_table

2020-10-07 Thread Robie Basak
This needs SRU information please. I'm also puzzled by comment 2, which doesn't seem to describe the same issue as the upload in Focal. Did some bug numbers get confused? ** Changed in: apport (Ubuntu Focal) Status: In Progress => Incomplete -- You received this bug notification because

[Touch-packages] [Bug 1896073] Re: SRU the current 2.3.6 stable update

2020-09-23 Thread Robie Basak
** Also affects: tracker (Ubuntu Focal) Importance: Undecided Status: New -- You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to tracker in Ubuntu. https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1896073 Title: SRU the current 2.3.6

[Touch-packages] [Bug 1894606] Proposed package upload rejected

2020-09-23 Thread Robie Basak
An upload of pulseaudio to focal-proposed has been rejected from the upload queue for the following reason: "Changes/bug references from 3.7 are missing from the changes file. The ideal way to resolve this would be to squash 3.7 and 3.8 together and upload as 3.7.". -- You received this bug

[Touch-packages] [Bug 1891632] Re: The network manager does not check the NM_SETTING_WIRELESS_WAKE_ON_WLAN_IGNORE bit

2020-09-23 Thread Robie Basak
Incomplete pending a proper regression analysis. ** Changed in: network-manager (Ubuntu Focal) Status: In Progress => Incomplete -- You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to network-manager in Ubuntu.

[Touch-packages] [Bug 216847] Re: sshd will not start at boot if ListenAddress is set, because network interface is not yet up

2020-09-18 Thread Robie Basak
** Tags added: network-online-ordering -- You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to openssh in Ubuntu. https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/216847 Title: sshd will not start at boot if ListenAddress is set, because network

[Touch-packages] [Bug 1531184] Re: [SRU] dnsmasq doesn't start on boot because its interface isn't up yet

2020-09-18 Thread Robie Basak
** Tags added: network-online-ordering -- You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to dnsmasq in Ubuntu. https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1531184 Title: [SRU] dnsmasq doesn't start on boot because its interface isn't up

[Touch-packages] [Bug 1689833] Re: OpenVPN server does not start properly on boot

2020-09-18 Thread Robie Basak
** Tags added: network-online-ordering -- You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to systemd in Ubuntu. https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1689833 Title: OpenVPN server does not start properly on boot Status in openvpn

[Touch-packages] [Bug 1761096] Re: dnsmasq starts with error on Ubuntu Xenial amd64 when squid installed

2020-09-09 Thread Robie Basak
Hello Olivier, or anyone else affected, Accepted squid3 into xenial-proposed. The package will build now and be available at https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/squid3/3.5.12-1ubuntu7.14 in a few hours, and then in the -proposed repository. Please help us by testing this new package. See

[Touch-packages] [Bug 1761096] Re: dnsmasq starts with error on Ubuntu Xenial amd64 when squid installed

2020-09-09 Thread Robie Basak
On Xenial the source package is squid3, not squid, so I'll add/adjust tasks for that so the tracking works correctly. On Bionic the code suggests that the same problem might exist, but it appears that nobody has reproduced it there so there is no need for an SRU to Bionic. However, if somebody is

[Touch-packages] [Bug 1861451] Re: apport's cloud-init-specific handling tracebacks on minimal cloud images

2020-08-20 Thread Robie Basak
Hello Dan, or anyone else affected, Accepted apport into bionic-proposed. The package will build now and be available at https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/apport/2.20.9-0ubuntu7.17 in a few hours, and then in the -proposed repository. Please help us by testing this new package. See

[Touch-packages] [Bug 1872059] Re: missing hardware/runtime info when reporing linux-firmware bugs via apport

2020-08-20 Thread Robie Basak
Hello You-Sheng, or anyone else affected, Accepted apport into bionic-proposed. The package will build now and be available at https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/apport/2.20.9-0ubuntu7.17 in a few hours, and then in the -proposed repository. Please help us by testing this new package. See

[Touch-packages] [Bug 1891548] Re: autofs-ldap's /etc/ldap/schema/autofs.schema crashes slapd

2020-08-18 Thread Robie Basak
Thank you for taking the time to report this bug and helping to make Ubuntu better. Since this affects an unusual end-user configuration, I'm setting Importance to Low, and I don't expect anyone to work on this soon. However if you can help definitively explain what needs adjusting to fix this

[Touch-packages] [Bug 1861941] Re: bcache by-uuid links disappear after mounting bcache0

2020-08-12 Thread Robie Basak
Hello Ryan, or anyone else affected, Accepted bcache-tools into bionic-proposed. The package will build now and be available at https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/bcache- tools/1.0.8-2ubuntu0.18.04.1 in a few hours, and then in the -proposed repository. Please help us by testing this new

[Touch-packages] [Bug 304393] Re: rpcbind grabs ports used by other daemons such as cupsd

2020-08-12 Thread Robie Basak
The Ubuntu Xenial SRU looks fine in principle but is currently blocked until the previous SRU is released. I've not reviewed this in detail yet. -- You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to cups in Ubuntu.

[Touch-packages] [Bug 1876018] Re: 40-vm-hotadd.rules attempts to set non-existent sysfs parameters

2020-07-15 Thread Robie Basak
Hello Jose, or anyone else affected, Accepted systemd into focal-proposed. The package will build now and be available at https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/systemd/245.4-4ubuntu3.2 in a few hours, and then in the -proposed repository. Please help us by testing this new package. See

[Touch-packages] [Bug 1838329] Re: Cryptswap periodically fails to mount at boot due to missing a udev notification

2020-07-15 Thread Robie Basak
Hello Michael, or anyone else affected, Accepted systemd into focal-proposed. The package will build now and be available at https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/systemd/245.4-4ubuntu3.2 in a few hours, and then in the -proposed repository. Please help us by testing this new package. See

[Touch-packages] [Bug 1875708] Re: Truncated messages in journald since systemd v244

2020-07-15 Thread Robie Basak
Hello Laurent, or anyone else affected, Accepted systemd into focal-proposed. The package will build now and be available at https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/systemd/245.4-4ubuntu3.2 in a few hours, and then in the -proposed repository. Please help us by testing this new package. See

[Touch-packages] [Bug 1880541] Re: package udev 245.4-4ubuntu3 failed to install/upgrade: podproces zainstalowany pakiet udev skrypt post-installation returned error code 1

2020-07-15 Thread Robie Basak
Hello Sebastian, or anyone else affected, Accepted systemd into focal-proposed. The package will build now and be available at https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/systemd/245.4-4ubuntu3.2 in a few hours, and then in the -proposed repository. Please help us by testing this new package. See

[Touch-packages] [Bug 1883846] Re: hwdb: Mask rfkill event from intel-hid on HP platforms

2020-07-15 Thread Robie Basak
Hello Kai-Heng, or anyone else affected, Accepted systemd into focal-proposed. The package will build now and be available at https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/systemd/245.4-4ubuntu3.2 in a few hours, and then in the -proposed repository. Please help us by testing this new package. See

[Touch-packages] [Bug 1883880] Re: fix non-8-bit x86 displacements breaking AVX512 builds on Bionic

2020-07-15 Thread Robie Basak
Hello Christian, or anyone else affected, Accepted binutils into bionic-proposed. The package will build now and be available at https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/binutils/2.30-21ubuntu1~18.04.4 in a few hours, and then in the -proposed repository. Please help us by testing this new package.

[Touch-packages] [Bug 1659719] Re: ssh can't call a binary from a snap without the full path

2020-07-08 Thread Robie Basak
Given Colin's comment 12, it doesn't look like there are any plans to change this in openssh packaging so I'll mark this Won't Fix. ** Changed in: openssh (Ubuntu Groovy) Status: Confirmed => Won't Fix -- You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu Touch seeded

[Touch-packages] [Bug 1838329] Re: Cryptswap periodically fails to mount at boot due to missing a udev notification

2020-07-08 Thread Robie Basak
@ddstreet Does the Groovy bug task status need fixing? I see that in your Focal upload you have a series of seven patches picked from upstream to fix this properly. But if your trivial patch in comment 7 works, wouldn't that be better for an SRU? Reference this paragraph of SRU policy: "In line

[Touch-packages] [Bug 1749774] Re: include fwupd packages in Server Seed

2020-06-17 Thread Robie Basak
** Tags removed: server-triage-discuss -- You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to ubuntu-meta in Ubuntu. https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1749774 Title: include fwupd packages in Server Seed Status in ubuntu-meta

[Touch-packages] [Bug 1877590] Re: SRU the current 3.24.20 stable update

2020-06-10 Thread Robie Basak
The use of the version string 3.24.20-0ubuntu1 for Focal would make a similar bump for Eoan awkward. I assume there are no plans to update Eoan. ** Changed in: gtk+3.0 (Ubuntu Focal) Status: New => Fix Committed ** Tags added: verification-needed verification-needed-focal -- You

[Touch-packages] [Bug 1877590] Please test proposed package

2020-06-10 Thread Robie Basak
Hello Sebastien, or anyone else affected, Accepted gtk+3.0 into focal-proposed. The package will build now and be available at https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gtk+3.0/3.24.20-0ubuntu1 in a few hours, and then in the -proposed repository. Please help us by testing this new package. See

[Touch-packages] [Bug 1877590] Re: SRU the current 3.24.20 stable update

2020-06-10 Thread Robie Basak
Looks like there are some theme changes too. Should these be visually checked that there aren't any breakages during SRU verification? -- You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to gtk+3.0 in Ubuntu.

[Touch-packages] [Bug 1863930] Re: SSH 1.99 clients fail to connect to openssh-server 1:7.6p1-4ubuntu0.3

2020-06-09 Thread Robie Basak
** Tags removed: server-next -- You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to openssh in Ubuntu. https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1863930 Title: SSH 1.99 clients fail to connect to openssh-server 1:7.6p1-4ubuntu0.3 Status

[Touch-packages] [Bug 1861177] Re: seccomp_rule_add is very slow

2020-06-09 Thread Robie Basak
I asked Dimitri about this on IRC. He isn't expecting to work on this, and nor is the server team. We think the security team will take this on according to their priorities? If this does need the server team's attention, please let us know. ** Tags removed: server-next -- You received this bug

[Touch-packages] [Bug 1849785] Re: FTBFS on i386/ppc64/s390x (Eoan+Focal)

2020-06-09 Thread Robie Basak
FWIW, I don't see an issue leaving an FTBFS fix in block-proposed-eoan here. Removing server-next as that tag is no longer relevant to this bug. ** Tags removed: server-next -- You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to

[Touch-packages] [Bug 1863026] Re: Remove my_bool typedef workaround

2020-06-09 Thread Robie Basak
Looks like clickhouse was fixed in 18.16.1+ds-6 and we're beyond that now. ** Changed in: clickhouse (Ubuntu) Status: Fix Committed => Fix Released -- You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to qt4-x11 in Ubuntu.

[Touch-packages] [Bug 1880276] Re: package libhx509-5-heimdal:i386 7.7.0+dfsg-1ubuntu1 failed to install/upgrade: package is in a very bad inconsistent state; you should reinstall it before attemptin

2020-05-27 Thread Robie Basak
Thank you for taking the time to report this bug and helping to make Ubuntu better. Since it seems likely to me that this is a local configuration problem, rather than a bug in Ubuntu, I'm marking this bug as Incomplete. If indeed this is a local configuration problem, you can find pointers to

[Touch-packages] [Bug 1880209] Re: slapd configuration does not ask for olcbackend and doesn't add one. Has to be added by hand.

2020-05-27 Thread Robie Basak
> This was done intentionally as it's much more common to configure things per-database than per-backend. In that case, this is presumably Won't Fix for openldap, unless someone wants to start a discussion about that? Thank you to Mario for reporting, and Ryan for confirming the status. **

[Touch-packages] [Bug 1877183] Re: segfault in mysql_server_end() from libmysqlclient.so.21

2020-05-12 Thread Robie Basak
@Paul This bug report has been marked Invalid for reasons explained above. To avoid any further confusion, please file a separate bug with full steps to reproduce your problem, and please verify if you're using MySQL or MariaDB and file the bug against the appropriate package. -- You received

[Touch-packages] [Bug 1866351] Re: package openssh-server 1:7.2p2-4ubuntu2.8 failed to install/upgrade: subprocess installed post-installation script returned error exit status 1

2020-03-09 Thread Robie Basak
Thank you for taking the time to report this bug and helping to make Ubuntu better. Since it seems likely to me that this is a local configuration problem, rather than a bug in Ubuntu, I'm marking this bug as Incomplete. If indeed this is a local configuration problem, you can find pointers to

[Touch-packages] [Bug 1866303] Re: slapd crash with pwdAccountLockedTime and stacked overlays

2020-03-09 Thread Robie Basak
** Tags added: server-next -- You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to openldap in Ubuntu. https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1866303 Title: slapd crash with pwdAccountLockedTime and stacked overlays Status in openldap

[Touch-packages] [Bug 1797386] Re: [SRU] OpenSSL 1.1.1 to 18.04 LTS

2020-03-05 Thread Robie Basak
** Tags added: bionic-openssl-1.1 -- You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to openssl in Ubuntu. https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1797386 Title: [SRU] OpenSSL 1.1.1 to 18.04 LTS Status in libwww-perl package in Ubuntu:

[Touch-packages] [Bug 1025418] Re: Using ProxyCommand w/a non-existant host results in infinite spawns.

2020-02-24 Thread Robie Basak
> A fix has been provided upstream. I believe the Ubuntu community should pick up from here and packages the fix. That looks like it's for the specialist ProxyJump directive though, and not the more general ProxyCommand? Please could you link to the upstream discussion? -- You received this

[Touch-packages] [Bug 1855140] Re: How to handle tmpfiles.d in non-systemd environments

2020-02-17 Thread Robie Basak
> From my understanding this means that supporting an alternative init system is optional ("Packages may include support for alternate init systems besides systemd"). So basically this is up to the package maintainer whether or not the package should support an alternative init system. I'm not

[Touch-packages] [Bug 1025418] Re: Using ProxyCommand w/a non-existant host results in infinite spawns.

2020-02-12 Thread Robie Basak
> It should, therefore, be pushed upstream. Sure. Upstream can make a final determination, and Ubuntu will inherit their decision. Thank you for doing that. > ...it would be welcome if Ubuntu were to request a fix as well. Ubuntu is a community project and that community includes you. If you've

[Touch-packages] [Bug 1861472] Re: upgrade from fresh bionic to focal needlessly prompts user

2020-02-06 Thread Robie Basak
Is this related to bug 1747464 perhaps? -- You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to openssh in Ubuntu. https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1861472 Title: upgrade from fresh bionic to focal needlessly prompts user Status

[Touch-packages] [Bug 1847570] Re: PulseAudio automatically switches to HDMI sound output on login

2020-01-08 Thread Robie Basak
Hello Michael, or anyone else affected, Accepted pulseaudio into eoan-proposed. The package will build now and be available at https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/pulseaudio/1:13.0-1ubuntu1.1 in a few hours, and then in the -proposed repository. Please help us by testing this new package. See

[Touch-packages] [Bug 1856054] Re: pulseaudio now depends on libsnapd-glib1 which recommends snapd

2019-12-12 Thread Robie Basak
AFAICT the addition of snapd as an indirect recommends was an unintended consequence of the update, so I'm tagging this regression-update. ** Tags added: regression-update -- You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to

[Touch-packages] [Bug 869017] Re: Ubuntu server enables screenblanking, concealing crashdumps (DPMS is not used)

2019-11-25 Thread Robie Basak
Here's the change that was made: https://git.launchpad.net/~ubuntu- kernel/ubuntu/+source/linux/+git/zesty/commit/?id=a87ae50beda8c46c543b39e19070549cf355eb65 It's just the default of the consoleblank= kernel parameter. You can override it by specifying that parameter to the kernel at boot time

[Touch-packages] [Bug 1848200] Re: gdb not stopping on breakpoint in a 32-bit program

2019-10-30 Thread Robie Basak
Hello Miroslav, or anyone else affected, Accepted gdb into bionic-proposed. The package will build now and be available at https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gdb/8.1-0ubuntu3.2 in a few hours, and then in the -proposed repository. Please help us by testing this new package. See

[Touch-packages] [Bug 1848200] Re: gdb not stopping on breakpoint in a 32-bit program

2019-10-30 Thread Robie Basak
** Tags added: regression-update -- You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to gdb in Ubuntu. https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1848200 Title: gdb not stopping on breakpoint in a 32-bit program Status in gdb package in

[Touch-packages] [Bug 1726068] Proposed package upload rejected

2019-10-30 Thread Robie Basak
An upload of packagekit to disco-proposed has been rejected from the upload queue for the following reason: "Incomplete SRU information and no response to requests to fix it". -- You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to

[Touch-packages] [Bug 1827253] Re: [apparmor] missing 'mr' on binary for usage on containers

2019-10-30 Thread Robie Basak
Hello Simon, or anyone else affected, Accepted rsyslog into disco-proposed. The package will build now and be available at https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/rsyslog/8.32.0-1ubuntu7.1 in a few hours, and then in the -proposed repository. Please help us by testing this new package. See

[Touch-packages] [Bug 1827253] Please test proposed package

2019-10-30 Thread Robie Basak
Hello Simon, or anyone else affected, Accepted rsyslog into bionic-proposed. The package will build now and be available at https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/rsyslog/8.32.0-1ubuntu4.1 in a few hours, and then in the -proposed repository. Please help us by testing this new package. See

[Touch-packages] [Bug 1846787] Re: systemd-logind leaves leftover sessions and scope files

2019-10-17 Thread Robie Basak
This looks good, thanks! I think it would be appropriate for a second developer to review the patches for any backport-related issues. As you say the patches are non- trivial. I asked Dimitri to take a look, as he's familiar with the code base and will probably be far quicker at reviewing them

[Touch-packages] [Bug 1835464] Re: nginx service fails after libssl update due to low entropy at boot

2019-10-08 Thread Robie Basak
** Tags added: bionic-openssl-1.1 -- You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to openssl in Ubuntu. https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1835464 Title: nginx service fails after libssl update due to low entropy at boot Status

[Touch-packages] [Bug 1846557] Re: Unable to debug any kernel on i386 qemu machine

2019-10-03 Thread Robie Basak
@Manoj, Please could you take a look? -- You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to gdb in Ubuntu. https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1846557 Title: Unable to debug any kernel on i386 qemu machine Status in gdb package in

[Touch-packages] [Bug 1845810] Re: [XPS 13 9360, Realtek ALC3246, Black Headphone Out, Front] High noise floor

2019-09-30 Thread Robie Basak
Oh, I didn't notice that apport sent this to alsa-driver. Reassigning since I believe this to be a kernel regression. ** Package changed: alsa-driver (Ubuntu) => linux (Ubuntu) -- You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to

[Touch-packages] [Bug 1845810] Re: [XPS 13 9360, Realtek ALC3246, Black Headphone Out, Front] High noise floor

2019-09-28 Thread Robie Basak
> I'm using a manually reinstalled Ubuntu Bionic Actually it looks like I upgraded up to it from Artful. -- You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to alsa-driver in Ubuntu. https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1845810 Title:

[Touch-packages] [Bug 1845810] [NEW] [XPS 13 9360, Realtek ALC3246, Black Headphone Out, Front] High noise floor

2019-09-28 Thread Robie Basak
Public bug reported: Since linux-image-4.15.0-60-generic 4.15.0-60.67, the background noise in my headphones has increased to unreasonable levels. In linux- image-4.15.0-58-generic 4.15.0-58.64 and previous kernels the noise was present but at a bearable level, which I had always assumed was a

[Touch-packages] [Bug 1844524] Update Released

2019-09-25 Thread Robie Basak
The verification of the Stable Release Update for grep has completed successfully and the package has now been released to -updates. Subsequently, the Ubuntu Stable Release Updates Team is being unsubscribed and will not receive messages about this bug report. In the event that you encounter a

[Touch-packages] [Bug 1842284] Re: initramfs does not copy ehci-platform

2019-09-25 Thread Robie Basak
Has there been any testing performed on the architectures on which the module is compiled in please, for example amd64? It seems to me that this is a particularly important code path to test, since it is identified as different and a bug could render regressed systems unbootable. -- You received

Re: [Touch-packages] [Bug 1531184] Re: [SRU] dnsmasq doesn't start on boot because its interface isn't up yet

2019-09-24 Thread Robie Basak
On Tue, Sep 24, 2019 at 04:57:59PM -, Benjamin Bach wrote: > @Robie Basak > > > Will this delay boot for laptop users who are offline, for example? > > If someone has installed the dnsmasq package with the dnsmasq.service > file, they already intend to run this as a netw

[Touch-packages] [Bug 1531184] Re: [SRU] dnsmasq doesn't start on boot because its interface isn't up yet

2019-09-23 Thread Robie Basak
Thanks Christian. This bug was already on my list. More details here: https://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/systemd/NetworkTarget/ It is not obvious to me that adding After/Wants=network-online.target to the packaging for _all_ users, or anything similar, is the correct fix here. Will this

[Touch-packages] [Bug 1834138] Re: PA: Don't restore the streams to sinks/sources with only unavailable ports

2019-09-11 Thread Robie Basak
> Additionally, I think this should be reuploaded to bionic-proposed queue in such a fashion that 1556439 will appear in Launchpad-Bugs-Fixed so that we reverify the fix for that bug when verifying the new pulseaudio upload. I don't see any change in the upload. Please could you address Brian's

[Touch-packages] [Bug 1842651] Re: Regression: after Uprade from udev_237-3ubuntu10.25 to udev_237-3ubuntu10.26 network interfaces don't get renamed by 70-persistent-network.rules

2019-09-04 Thread Robie Basak
> Any reason you cannot move to new naming scheme? Please remember that this report may represent a large number of affected users, most of whom are absent from this discussion. We want to avoid regressing stable release Ubuntu users as much as possible, and this generally means that we cannot

[Touch-packages] [Bug 1840902] Re: ejabberd fails incoming connections with "Failed to secure c2s connection: TLS failed: client renegotiations forbidden"

2019-08-22 Thread Robie Basak
*** This bug is a duplicate of bug 1832933 *** https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1832933 This seems fixed in the security pocket now. Thanks! -- You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to openssl in Ubuntu.

[Touch-packages] [Bug 1840902] [NEW] ejabberd fails incoming connections with "Failed to secure c2s connection: TLS failed: client renegotiations forbidden"

2019-08-21 Thread Robie Basak
Public bug reported: ejabberd 18.01-2 on Bionic. Bad: openssl/libssl1.1 1.1.1-1ubuntu2.1~18.04.4 Good: openssl/libssl1.1 1.1.0g-2ubuntu4.3 This hit the Bionic security pocket yesterday, so everyone who uses unattended-upgrades for security only (which is the default) will have received this

[Touch-packages] [Bug 1832919] Re: installed libssl1.1:amd64 package post-installation script subprocess returned error exit status 10

2019-08-05 Thread Robie Basak
@Peter I think you might be facing a subtly different bug. To avoid confusion, please could you send us steps to reproduce in a separate bug against the openssl package, and tag that bug regression-update? If it turns out to be the same issue, we can always mark it is a duplicate later. -- You

[Touch-packages] [Bug 1838380] Re: slapd does not automatically restart on failure

2019-08-01 Thread Robie Basak
Also see bug 1821927. -- You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to openldap in Ubuntu. https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1838380 Title: slapd does not automatically restart on failure Status in openldap package in

[Touch-packages] [Bug 1836258] Re: Update hyperlink when enabling UCA

2019-07-24 Thread Robie Basak
Thank you for preparing this SRU. It's clearly correct, but it's one of those that I'd prefer to see bundled with other updates. Given that the user is correctly redirected (and I think you can configure MoinMoin to do it even more automatically?) I don't think that making every Ubuntu user

[Touch-packages] [Bug 869017] Re: Ubuntu server enables screenblanking, concealing crashdumps (DPMS is not used)

2019-07-22 Thread Robie Basak
> as I described by suggesting a venue for that discussion in the previous comment. Sorry, I confused bugs. My comment was in a different bug but still relevant: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/+bug/1767568/comments/37 -- You received this bug notification because you are a

Re: [Touch-packages] [Bug 869017] Re: Ubuntu server enables screenblanking, concealing crashdumps (DPMS is not used)

2019-07-21 Thread Robie Basak
On Sun, Jul 21, 2019 at 09:59:40PM -, atterdag wrote: > I have to concur that it must this change is really a detriment to > people that still use Ubuntu on physical servers - i.e. running > OpenStack hosts. Fixing one problem by creating another problem is > really poor problem management. I

[Touch-packages] [Bug 1766740] Proposed package upload rejected

2019-07-10 Thread Robie Basak
An upload of apport to xenial-proposed has been rejected from the upload queue for the following reason: "Trumped by a security update so needs updating, but also see https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/apport/+bug/1766740/comments/8;. -- You received this bug notification because you are

[Touch-packages] [Bug 1766740] Re: apport autopkgtest regression due to kernel packaging changes

2019-07-10 Thread Robie Basak
This got trumped by security, so I rebased it and bumped the version for you - attached. I then reviewed it, but given the clarified SRU policy on test changes, does this still qualify? >From https://wiki.ubuntu.com/StableReleaseUpdates#When_not_to_upload: "Do not upload SRUs for bugs which do

[Touch-packages] [Bug 1766740] Re: apport autopkgtest regression due to kernel packaging changes

2019-07-10 Thread Robie Basak
This got trumped by security, so I rebased it and bumped the version for you - attached. I then reviewed it, but given the clarified SRU policy on test changes, does this still qualify? >From https://wiki.ubuntu.com/StableReleaseUpdates#When_not_to_upload: "Do not upload SRUs for bugs which do

[Touch-packages] [Bug 1835464] Re: nginx service fails after libssl update due to low entropy at boot

2019-07-08 Thread Robie Basak
I think understand the problem here, but it isn't clear to me that it's a bug in the openssl update either. It is surely normal and expected that regular updates (including security updates) might result in a greater entropy requirement. It would be nice if we could arrange things to block for

[Touch-packages] [Bug 1835464] Re: nginx service fails after libssl update due to low entropy at boot

2019-07-06 Thread Robie Basak
Tagging regression-update since the claim here is it was as a consequence of the OpenSSL SRU (regardless of where we determine the bug actually is, it still got exposed by that update). ** Tags added: regression-update -- You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu

[Touch-packages] [Bug 1834128] Re: Multiple sshd services cannot be executed

2019-07-03 Thread Robie Basak
I'm sorry, your answer doesn't help complete this bug report, so I'm setting the status back to Incomplete. You may find it helpful to read "How to report bugs effectively" http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~sgtatham/bugs.html. We'd be grateful if you would then provide a more complete

[Touch-packages] [Bug 1833013] Re: Interactive prompt during non-interactive install

2019-06-28 Thread Robie Basak
Thank you for taking the time to report this bug and helping to make Ubuntu better. > `apt-get install -y -qq ansible` This does not guarantee a non-interactive run. If you want a non- interactive run, you must use all the necessary parameters. For example: UCF_FORCE_CONFOLD=1

[Touch-packages] [Bug 1834128] Re: Multiple sshd services cannot be executed

2019-06-26 Thread Robie Basak
Thank you for taking the time to report this bug and helping to make Ubuntu better. It sounds like the actual bug you're reporting is: > When this happens, other sshd services will fault since the privileged separation directory is no longer there. Please could you provide exact steps to

[Touch-packages] [Bug 1556302] Re: Ubuntu patch to add HOME to env_keep makes custom commands vulnerable by default

2019-06-26 Thread Robie Basak
** Also affects: ubuntu-release-notes Importance: Undecided Status: New -- You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to sudo in Ubuntu. https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1556302 Title: Ubuntu patch to add HOME to

Re: [Touch-packages] [Bug 1832110] Re: Resource Sharing with multiple sshd services

2019-06-14 Thread Robie Basak
You're going round in circles. Let's take a step back. Please assume that Ubuntu does not want to make any change right now because no change is currently considered justified. An open question here is if Ubuntu's patches on upstream are creating any problem that you're reporting. That's why I'm

Re: [Touch-packages] [Bug 1832110] Re: Resource Sharing with multiple sshd services

2019-06-14 Thread Robie Basak
On Fri, Jun 14, 2019 at 04:02:10PM -, Luke A. Perkins wrote: > When I compile this version of the code, the privilege > separation directory is defined as "/var/empty" which would solve the > problem. Why/how would this solve the problem? > So, which git repository should I use to

[Touch-packages] [Bug 1832110] Re: Resource Sharing with multiple sshd services

2019-06-12 Thread Robie Basak
Thank you for the additional information. > The original OpenSSH 7.6p1 source code assigns the privilege separation directory to /var/empty (see OpenSSH man sshd page). Does that somehow mean that your problem doesn't occur if you use only the upstream source code and no distribution patches? If

[Touch-packages] [Bug 1832110] Re: Resource Sharing with multiple sshd services

2019-06-11 Thread Robie Basak
> If I upload the sshd.c proposed change, will that be possibility? Please do attach the diff for reference - that is useful for the record. I think it will still be unlikely though. Introducing new configuration options in a distribution delta is particularly painful because if upstream later

[Touch-packages] [Bug 458476] Re: /etc/init.d/ssh gives OK status even if daemon fails to launch

2019-06-10 Thread Robie Basak
(if this is wrong, then please provide steps to reproduce on a current Ubuntu release and reopen) ** Changed in: openssh (Ubuntu) Status: New => Fix Released ** Changed in: lsb (Ubuntu) Status: New => Invalid -- You received this bug notification because you are a member of

[Touch-packages] [Bug 458476] Re: /etc/init.d/ssh gives OK status even if daemon fails to launch

2019-06-10 Thread Robie Basak
I can't reproduce this on Eoan, so I believe this problem is fixed. In particular, since the init.d handling was overhauled when systemd was introduced, it is likely that the code responsible has completely changed and this bug no longer exists. I'm marking as Fix Released accordingly. -- You

[Touch-packages] [Bug 1832110] Re: Resource Sharing with multiple sshd services

2019-06-10 Thread Robie Basak
Thank you for taking the time to file this bug and helping to make Ubuntu better. > ...the problem is getting Ubuntu and OpenSSH to admit there is a problem and it needs to be fixed. It's up to individual projects to decide what configurations they want to support. Just because you can't

[Touch-packages] [Bug 1690485] Re: openssh-server SIGSYS with 'UsePrivilegeSeparation sandbox'

2019-06-10 Thread Robie Basak
Thank you for posting the additional information here. It sounds like this will help others affected. I see that the bug Importance has never been set, so I'm setting it now, to Low, based on "unusual end-user configurations" from https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Bugs/Importance. I'd like to make it clear

[Touch-packages] [Bug 1822776] Re: Apply Bash 4.4.20 to fix cpu spinning on built-in wait

2019-05-29 Thread Robie Basak
** Tags added: bitesize server-next ** Changed in: bash (Ubuntu) Assignee: (unassigned) => Bryce Harrington (bryce) -- You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to bash in Ubuntu. https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1822776

[Touch-packages] [Bug 1211110] Re: network manager openvpn dns push data not updating system DNS addresses

2019-05-22 Thread Robie Basak
@gatopeich Please don't load the bug description with personal opinions. Comment 50 is from an Ubuntu developer expert in the area, explains why this particular "report" cannot make progress, provides a path forward for users affected by these symptoms and so is the most relevant for users first

[Touch-packages] [Bug 48734] Re: Home permissions too open

2019-05-20 Thread Robie Basak
> Wow! Approaching 13-years and counting on this bug. Neat. What's your point in making this statement? A decision was made soon after the bug has filed and that decision still stands today. What does the age of the decision have to do with it? > Why not just throw a simple toggle into the

[Touch-packages] [Bug 1822776] Re: Apply Bash 4.4.20 to fix cpu spinning on built-in wait

2019-05-20 Thread Robie Basak
Thank you for taking the time to report this bug and helping to make Ubuntu better. Please see https://wiki.ubuntu.com/StableReleaseUpdates for details of Ubuntu's stable release update process. Based on your report it sounds like this patch would qualify, but please could you update us on the

[Touch-packages] [Bug 1556302] Re: Ubuntu patch to add HOME to env_keep makes custom commands vulnerable by default

2019-05-16 Thread Robie Basak
There is a mailing list discussion on this topic currently active here: https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-devel- discuss/2019-May/018345.html -- You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to sudo in Ubuntu.

[Touch-packages] [Bug 1828749] Re: ifconfig dummy0 : Device not found

2019-05-16 Thread Robie Basak
Thank you for the additional information. I think this report is now complete, and I think I understand exactly what you mean and how you are affected. Unfortunately the use cases you have presented don't change my opinion that this is an unusual end-user configuration that is unlikely to affect

[Touch-packages] [Bug 1745664] Re: [regression] systemd-logind crashed with SIGABRT in __libc_connect() from __GI_clnttcp_create() from __GI___libc_rpc_getport() from __GI_pmap_getport() from __GI_cln

2019-05-15 Thread Robie Basak
Importance -> Medium as there is a workaround available. ** Changed in: nis (Ubuntu) Importance: Undecided => Medium -- You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to systemd in Ubuntu.

[Touch-packages] [Bug 1828749] Re: ifconfig dummy0 : Device not found

2019-05-15 Thread Robie Basak
I'll add an ifupdown bug task for you. > If "auto dummy0" and "ifup dummy0" are not maintained then why bother to have a dummy device at all? We haven't discussed that, since that wasn't the failing use case you presented in your original report! I appreciate that you narrowed down the root

  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   >