[Touch-packages] [Bug 1311316] Re: After locking screen there is no input field to type password for unlock

2015-09-06 Thread G.C. Hassink
I think I have something similar but then I use ubuntu 14.04 gnome with gdm so I don't think it is unity/light-dm related -- You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to unity in Ubuntu.

[Touch-packages] [Bug 1311316] Re: After locking screen there is no input field to type password for unlock

2015-07-02 Thread Kevin Krumwiede
This bug started manifesting on 14.04.02 LTS after installing updates today. -- You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to unity in Ubuntu. https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1311316 Title: After locking screen there is no

[Touch-packages] [Bug 1311316] Re: After locking screen there is no input field to type password for unlock

2015-05-23 Thread Thierry Mallard
Problem occurs with up-to-date Ubuntu 14.04.2 on Dell Inspiron 7348. Ctrl+Alt+F2 and service lightdm restart does the trick (with work lost of course). 1. Do you use a multi-head setup? If yes, using just one monitor fixes the issue? No multi-head 2. Can you reproduce all the time? If a

[Touch-packages] [Bug 1311316] Re: After locking screen there is no input field to type password for unlock

2015-04-30 Thread Blanton Radford
I tried reverting back to 3.13.0-45, but the session still crashes when the screen times out while the mouse is positioned over the VM. Next I will try reverting Unity versions, if that is possible. Kernel is back to 3.13.0-51. One other item - if the screen times out with the mouse in the

[Touch-packages] [Bug 1311316] Re: After locking screen there is no input field to type password for unlock

2015-04-30 Thread Blanton Radford
I have 14.04 LTS with the latest kernel update that is pushed out to update-notifier, applied today. I don't appear to have ldap as it is not currently running. I ran my VM with only the built-in screen today, but I did not experience the session crash. auth.log from today attached with names

[Touch-packages] [Bug 1311316] Re: After locking screen there is no input field to type password for unlock

2015-04-30 Thread Blanton Radford
I was experiencing similar problems to post #32 above using VMware Player 6, latest version. Dual monitors. I don't recall seeing the problem with only one, i.e. the built-in laptop one. Problem did not occur every time - only after some varying amount of run time. AFAIK I don't use ldap, but I

[Touch-packages] [Bug 1311316] Re: After locking screen there is no input field to type password for unlock

2015-04-24 Thread Constantin Savtchenko
Hello, I have experienced this bug a few times even with the posted fix. Would it be possible to reopen? Thank you. -- You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to unity in Ubuntu. https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1311316

[Touch-packages] [Bug 1311316] Re: After locking screen there is no input field to type password for unlock

2015-04-21 Thread Jonathan Laserson
Okay, after some auto-updates made to 7.2.4 the problem never reoccurred. -- You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to unity in Ubuntu. https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1311316 Title: After locking screen there is no

[Touch-packages] [Bug 1311316] Re: After locking screen there is no input field to type password for unlock

2015-04-06 Thread Jonathan Laserson
The bug is not fixed. I happened again with 7.2.4. Desired=Unknown/Install/Remove/Purge/Hold | Status=Not/Inst/Conf-files/Unpacked/halF-conf/Half-inst/trig-aWait/Trig-pend |/ Err?=(none)/Reinst-required (Status,Err: uppercase=bad) ||/ Name Version Architecture Description

[Touch-packages] [Bug 1311316] Re: After locking screen there is no input field to type password for unlock

2015-03-31 Thread Jonathan Laserson
@Andrea, I did not have light-locker. I just manually upgraded to 7.2.4 (apparently you do this by typing sudo apt-get dist-upgrade). Will let you know if this happens again. -- You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to

[Touch-packages] [Bug 1311316] Re: After locking screen there is no input field to type password for unlock

2015-03-25 Thread Daniel Halvorsen
@Andrea is This fixed included for 15.04 as well? -- You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to unity in Ubuntu. https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1311316 Title: After locking screen there is no input field to type

Re: [Touch-packages] [Bug 1311316] Re: After locking screen there is no input field to type password for unlock

2015-03-25 Thread Andrea Azzarone
Yes. On 25 Mar 2015 11:05, Daniel Halvorsen 1311...@bugs.launchpad.net wrote: @Andrea is This fixed included for 15.04 as well? -- You received this bug notification because you are a bug assignee. https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1311316 Title: After locking screen there is no input

[Touch-packages] [Bug 1311316] Re: After locking screen there is no input field to type password for unlock

2015-03-23 Thread Jonathan Laserson
So: $ dpkg -l unity Desired=Unknown/Install/Remove/Purge/Hold | Status=Not/Inst/Conf-files/Unpacked/halF-conf/Half-inst/trig-aWait/Trig-pend |/ Err?=(none)/Reinst-required (Status,Err: uppercase=bad) ||/ Name Version Architecture Description

[Touch-packages] [Bug 1311316] Re: After locking screen there is no input field to type password for unlock

2015-03-23 Thread Andrea Azzarone
@Jonathan do you have light-locker installed? -- You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to unity in Ubuntu. https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1311316 Title: After locking screen there is no input field to type password

[Touch-packages] [Bug 1311316] Re: After locking screen there is no input field to type password for unlock

2015-03-23 Thread Andrea Azzarone
And btw do you need 7.2.4+14.04.20141217-0ubuntu1 -- You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to unity in Ubuntu. https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1311316 Title: After locking screen there is no input field to type

[Touch-packages] [Bug 1311316] Re: After locking screen there is no input field to type password for unlock

2015-03-23 Thread Andrea Azzarone
And btw you need 7.2.4+14.04.20141217-0ubuntu1 -- You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to unity in Ubuntu. https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1311316 Title: After locking screen there is no input field to type password

[Touch-packages] [Bug 1311316] Re: After locking screen there is no input field to type password for unlock

2015-03-18 Thread Jonathan Laserson
How do I obtain the fix? This still happens. I have Ubuntu 14.04 LTS. -- You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to unity in Ubuntu. https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1311316 Title: After locking screen there is no input

Re: [Touch-packages] [Bug 1311316] Re: After locking screen there is no input field to type password for unlock

2015-03-18 Thread msp3k
My understanding is that if you type: dpkg -l unity And see the version number 7.2.x, then you have the patch. Michael Peek On 03/18/2015 05:11 AM, Jonathan Laserson wrote: How do I obtain the fix? This still happens. I have Ubuntu 14.04 LTS. -- You received this bug notification

[Touch-packages] [Bug 1311316] Re: After locking screen there is no input field to type password for unlock

2015-03-14 Thread Schlomo Schapiro
I have this problem too. Ubuntu 14.10 x86_64 Unity 7.3.1+14.10.20141016-0ubuntu1 Using a multi seat setup (2 users working the same time on different screens connected to different VGA cards). BTW, I use sudo loginctl unlock-sessions as a workaround. Very harmful bug and hurts a lot the Wife

[Touch-packages] [Bug 1311316] Re: After locking screen there is no input field to type password for unlock

2015-03-11 Thread Stephen M. Webb
The fix for this was included in some other fixes released into Ubuntu 14.04 LTS in Unity 7.2.4 (see bug #1308540). ** Changed in: unity/7.2 Status: In Progress = Fix Released ** Changed in: unity/7.2 Milestone: 7.2.5 = None -- You received this bug notification because you are a

[Touch-packages] [Bug 1311316] Re: After locking screen there is no input field to type password for unlock

2015-03-10 Thread Stephen M. Webb
** Changed in: unity/7.2 Milestone: 7.2.4 = 7.2.5 -- You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to unity in Ubuntu. https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1311316 Title: After locking screen there is no input field to type

[Touch-packages] [Bug 1311316] Re: After locking screen there is no input field to type password for unlock

2015-03-03 Thread Jonathan Laserson
Is there a fix for this bug? If so, how do I apply it? It happens to me every 4-5 days. Here is the tail of my /var/log/auth.log: Mar 3 19:17:01 genovo CRON[28307]: pam_unix(cron:session): session closed for user root Mar 3 20:06:49 genovo compiz: PAM unable to dlopen(pam_kwallet.so):

[Touch-packages] [Bug 1311316] Re: After locking screen there is no input field to type password for unlock

2015-02-23 Thread Alex Botev
Can any of the people still experiencing the problems to add 'debug' to in /etc/pam.d/unity to each of the modules used and potentially post some of their /var/log/auth.log. For me I found this is an issue of the PAM module for fprtind giving me: Feb 23 12:52:23 botev-ThinkPad-T440 unity[2008]:

Re: [Touch-packages] [Bug 1311316] Re: After locking screen there is no input field to type password for unlock

2015-02-23 Thread Lesley Longhurst
Quoting Can any of the people still experiencing the problems to add 'debug' to in /etc/pam.d/unity to each of the modules used and potentially post some of their /var/log/auth.log. Can you give more detail how to do this? Man pages have no mention of debug at all. My entire pam.d/unity looks

[Touch-packages] [Bug 1311316] Re: After locking screen there is no input field to type password for unlock

2015-02-23 Thread Alex Botev
So you just add it to the end of the line of an entry, of course monitor the /var/log/auth.log, as this means you are passing it as an argument, which might not be valid for all packages(its a common practice to be tough, but who knows). For instance my /etc/pam.d/common-auth looks like this: # #

[Touch-packages] [Bug 1311316] Re: After locking screen there is no input field to type password for unlock

2015-02-20 Thread Burko
After another ~2 days and a bunch of hibernations I can confirm that uninstalling Light-locker did the trick for me. I experienced absolutely no problems in whatsoever. It even fixed two other bugs related to login here. Thanks again! -- You received this bug notification because you are a

Re: [Touch-packages] [Bug 1311316] Re: After locking screen there is no input field to type password for unlock

2015-02-17 Thread Andrea Azzarone
From the auth log file. There was nothing about unity, but a lot of logs created by lightdm. Because you confirmed that you were locking/unlocking the phone I thought about light locker. On 17 Feb 2015 21:31, Burko rs...@web.de wrote: I just did. Im curious how it will turn out. I just rebooted,

Re: [Touch-packages] [Bug 1311316] Re: After locking screen there is no input field to type password for unlock

2015-02-17 Thread Andrea Azzarone
It was a login or a lock/unlock? On 17 Feb 2015 16:21, Burko rs...@web.de wrote: I updated my machine recently to the current Unity 7.2.4 and this solved this issue for some time. BUT: Now I am experiencing it again, exactly 50 % ( that is actually 25 % of time, see below) of times I log

[Touch-packages] [Bug 1311316] Re: After locking screen there is no input field to type password for unlock

2015-02-17 Thread Burko
I am afraid I don't know what you mean. I try to explain it a bit more: It was a login after a suspend, meaning a unlock-lock. I was already logged in and hibernated the machine. Then I waked it up again, so in that way it was a lock-unlock. But just considering the unlock procedure it was an

[Touch-packages] [Bug 1311316] Re: After locking screen there is no input field to type password for unlock

2015-02-17 Thread Burko
I updated my machine recently to the current Unity 7.2.4 and this solved this issue for some time. BUT: Now I am experiencing it again, exactly 50 % ( that is actually 25 % of time, see below) of times I log into my maschine. My case if different, though. When my Laptop wakes up from sleep I

[Touch-packages] [Bug 1311316] Re: After locking screen there is no input field to type password for unlock

2015-02-17 Thread Burko
I just did. Im curious how it will turn out. I just rebooted, so I will anticipate how long everything works out as expected. How did you came across this assumption that I have light-locker installed? Did I miss a hint? -- You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu

Re: [Touch-packages] [Bug 1311316] Re: After locking screen there is no input field to type password for unlock

2015-02-17 Thread Andrea Azzarone
I think you are still using it. Please try to unistall it. On 17 Feb 2015 19:35, Burko rs...@web.de wrote: Yes, I do. However, I thought that is part of LXDE. And I only have an old install of XFCE which I installed back in the 13.10 days, -- You received this bug notification because you

[Touch-packages] [Bug 1311316] Re: After locking screen there is no input field to type password for unlock

2015-02-17 Thread Burko
Yes, I do. However, I thought that is part of LXDE. And I only have an old install of XFCE which I installed back in the 13.10 days, -- You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to unity in Ubuntu.

Re: [Touch-packages] [Bug 1311316] Re: After locking screen there is no input field to type password for unlock

2015-02-17 Thread Andrea Azzarone
Do you have light locker installed? On 17 Feb 2015 18:11, Burko rs...@web.de wrote: I am afraid I don't know what you mean. I try to explain it a bit more: It was a login after a suspend, meaning a unlock-lock. I was already logged in and hibernated the machine. Then I waked it up again, so

[Touch-packages] [Bug 1311316] Re: After locking screen there is no input field to type password for unlock

2015-02-15 Thread David Ireland
I see this on systems with LDAP, and systems without. It's just happened on this machine, which is built from scratch about 1 week ago. It's with a new user - so all the user config is as created by a new clean Ubuntu system. I haven't customised PAM at all. I see lots of failures in auth.log,

[Touch-packages] [Bug 1311316] Re: After locking screen there is no input field to type password for unlock

2015-02-13 Thread Alex Botev
I have the same bug as described on my fresh install of Ubuntu 14.04, however I'm with a newer kernel because of problems with my wifi drivers in previous versions, which were fixed: Linux 3.17.3-031703-generic #201411141335 SMP Fri Nov 14 18:36:40 UTC 2014 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

[Touch-packages] [Bug 1311316] Re: After locking screen there is no input field to type password for unlock

2015-02-13 Thread Alex Botev
Also if you could answer the question in #108 this could help us a lot to further debug if necessary the PAM module. And to add, I'm also using a finger print reader (fprintd) as an authentication before the password, but there are some interesting facts about it(before anyone jump and point

[Touch-packages] [Bug 1311316] Re: After locking screen there is no input field to type password for unlock

2015-02-11 Thread Stephen M. Webb
** Changed in: unity Status: Fix Committed = Fix Released -- You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to unity in Ubuntu. https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1311316 Title: After locking screen there is no input field

[Touch-packages] [Bug 1311316] Re: After locking screen there is no input field to type password for unlock

2015-01-28 Thread Bruce MacNaughton
Update on Comment #143. I have yet to see the problem again. When it last happened I had installed the ppa but not rebooted the system. While Unity indicated that 7.2.4 was running it' s possible that the ppa didn't restart a necessary process. It's now been over three days with many

[Touch-packages] [Bug 1311316] Re: After locking screen there is no input field to type password for unlock

2015-01-25 Thread Bruce MacNaughton
I updated to Unity 7.2.4 (using the ppa described above) and still have the problem. It happens quite regularly, but not predictably. Ubuntu version: LSB Version:

[Touch-packages] [Bug 1311316] Re: After locking screen there is no input field to type password for unlock

2015-01-25 Thread Lesley Walker
** Attachment added: 21-Jan-2015 package upgrades I did afterwards https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/unity/+bug/1311316/+attachment/4305468/+files/aptitude-upgrade.txt -- You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed

[Touch-packages] [Bug 1311316] Re: After locking screen there is no input field to type password for unlock

2015-01-25 Thread Lesley Walker
** Attachment added: 21-Jan-2015 what was running when it happened https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/unity/+bug/1311316/+attachment/4305465/+files/done-it-again.txt -- You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to

[Touch-packages] [Bug 1311316] Re: After locking screen there is no input field to type password for unlock

2015-01-25 Thread Lesley Walker
** Attachment added: 21-Jan-2015 output from top https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/unity/+bug/1311316/+attachment/4305467/+files/top-output.txt -- You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to unity in Ubuntu.

[Touch-packages] [Bug 1311316] Re: After locking screen there is no input field to type password for unlock

2015-01-25 Thread Lesley Walker
I also had it happen again after installing the ppa. More info to follow. -- You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to unity in Ubuntu. https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1311316 Title: After locking screen there is no

[Touch-packages] [Bug 1311316] Re: After locking screen there is no input field to type password for unlock

2015-01-20 Thread Pablo Catalina
I have the same problem. It happens randomly. My environment when the problem appears: * 2 screens, the problem normally affects both monitors, but sometimes the input box for the password appears on one of the monitors... it is random. * 1 session (I only have one user) * normally I have a

[Touch-packages] [Bug 1311316] Re: After locking screen there is no input field to type password for unlock

2015-01-13 Thread Lesley Walker
1. Do you use a multi-head setup? -- yes If yes, using just one monitor fixes the issue? -- Sorry, I need them both, can't test 2. Can you reproduce all the time? -- No, it only seems to happen after several weeks of uptime. 3. Do you use ldap? -- I tried to, but couldn't get it working.

[Touch-packages] [Bug 1311316] Re: After locking screen there is no input field to type password for unlock

2015-01-09 Thread Geert Uytterhoeven
Same problem here: - No LDAP - Dual-monitor setup (Intel HD graphics in i7-4770) - Usually two users are logged in graphically (VC 7 and 8) - Usually it starts happening for the second user (VC 8): - The box on the locked screen shows the user's name, - The box does not show

[Touch-packages] [Bug 1311316] Re: After locking screen there is no input field to type password for unlock

2015-01-09 Thread Geert Uytterhoeven
- After unlocking the screen, everything works again, but all open windows have been been moved to the first desktop, so I have to untangle the desktop clutter manually. I spoke too soon. During untangling my desktop after pressing Super-S, I noticed: - Some fullscreen evince

[Touch-packages] [Bug 1311316] Re: After locking screen there is no input field to type password for unlock

2015-01-09 Thread Stephen M. Webb
Yeah, I'm going to go ahead and suggest folks try adding the PPA at https://launchpad.net/~ci-train-ppa-service/+archive/ubuntu/landing-004 to their sources and update to the Unity found there. It contains a whole slew of bugfixes currently in the SRU landing pattern, including a bunch of the me

[Touch-packages] [Bug 1311316] Re: After locking screen there is no input field to type password for unlock

2015-01-09 Thread Burko
its funny that you noticed, because I filled a bug report about that right about 10 min ago. See here: https://bugs.launchpad.net/unity/+bug/1409121 It would be nice if you could add your experiences to it. -- You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu Touch seeded

[Touch-packages] [Bug 1311316] Re: After locking screen there is no input field to type password for unlock

2015-01-08 Thread Páll Haraldsson
It's a dfferrent new bug. I think there is already a similar bug open. What languages are you using? Please try to unlock after changing the language in the keyboard indicator. I use Icelandic. It has extra letters, such as þæðöÞÆÐÖ (and accented), over English (as it is a superset I never change

Re: [Touch-packages] [Bug 1311316] Re: After locking screen there is no input field to type password for unlock

2015-01-08 Thread nybbler
Hi Andrea, Thanks for the reply. It wasn't until I posted that I noticed my unity version was still old. Goes to show I shouldn't make assumptions about what gets updated! Cheers, Robin Robin, a fix for this issue is scheduled for next SRU (almost ready!). Resetting unity from tt1 should be just

Re: [Touch-packages] [Bug 1311316] Re: After locking screen there is no input field to type password for unlock

2015-01-08 Thread Andrea Azzarone
Robin, a fix for this issue is scheduled for next SRU (almost ready!). Resetting unity from tt1 should be just fine. Or you can run metacity --replace. 2015-01-08 17:01 GMT+01:00 nybbler nybble...@gmail.com: I've just run into this with Ubuntu 14.04.1, updated today at about 15:45. I didn't

[Touch-packages] [Bug 1311316] Re: After locking screen there is no input field to type password for unlock

2015-01-08 Thread nybbler
I've just run into this with Ubuntu 14.04.1, updated today at about 15:45. I didn't happen immediately after the update, in fact it was fine for a few hours so I think it's unlikely to be related. Some info: * unity --version: unity 7.2.3 * uname -r -v -p -i -o: 3.13.0-43-generic #72-Ubuntu SMP

[Touch-packages] [Bug 1311316] Re: After locking screen there is no input field to type password for unlock

2015-01-07 Thread Páll Haraldsson
Do you have multiple keyboard layouts? Yes, BUT I think you are getting at that with my layout the password would change if I press the same keys in another layout. It doesn't (matter if the English one is used). It's a guess. You think this could be adifferent manifestation if the same bug?

Re: [Touch-packages] [Bug 1311316] Re: After locking screen there is no input field to type password for unlock

2015-01-07 Thread Andrea Azzarone
It's a dfferrent new bug. I think there is already a similar bug open. What languages are you using? Please try to unlock after changing the language in the keyboard indicator. On 7 Jan 2015 09:41, Páll Haraldsson pall.haralds...@gmail.com wrote: Do you have multiple keyboard layouts? Yes, BUT

[Touch-packages] [Bug 1311316] Re: After locking screen there is no input field to type password for unlock

2015-01-06 Thread Mathias Dietrich
As stated in #64, I can also confirm this bug for 14.10. -- You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to unity in Ubuntu. https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1311316 Title: After locking screen there is no input field to type

[Touch-packages] [Bug 1311316] Re: After locking screen there is no input field to type password for unlock

2015-01-06 Thread Páll Haraldsson
I had a new development.. Maybe I should report as a new bug? In case this helps anyone as a workaround or to fix the bug I thought I would post here: I had the lock screen complain of the wrong password. I sure it was the right one as I tried many times and eventually opened a virtual terminal

Re: [Touch-packages] [Bug 1311316] Re: After locking screen there is no input field to type password for unlock

2015-01-06 Thread Andrea Azzarone
Do you have multiple keyboard layouts? On 6 Jan 2015 16:11, Páll Haraldsson pall.haralds...@gmail.com wrote: I had a new development.. Maybe I should report as a new bug? In case this helps anyone as a workaround or to fix the bug I thought I would post here: I had the lock screen complain

[Touch-packages] [Bug 1311316] Re: After locking screen there is no input field to type password for unlock

2015-01-05 Thread Adam
The password input box also disappears on Ubuntu 14.10. -- You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to unity in Ubuntu. https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1311316 Title: After locking screen there is no input field to type

[Touch-packages] [Bug 1311316] Re: After locking screen there is no input field to type password for unlock

2015-01-02 Thread zasran
As far as I can tell it is fixed in 14.10, been running it for some time and the bug wasn't triggered happen. -- You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to unity in Ubuntu. https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1311316 Title:

Re: [Touch-packages] [Bug 1311316] Re: After locking screen there is no input field to type password for unlock

2014-12-11 Thread msp3k
On 12/10/2014 09:24 PM, Andrea Azzarone wrote: Please consider answering the question markes ad *** IMPORTANT *** in the description. 2014-12-11 1:26 GMT+01:00 harrychillboy 1311...@bugs.launchpad.net: Bug description: *** IMPORTANT ** If you can reproduce this bug please be sure to

[Touch-packages] [Bug 1311316] Re: After locking screen there is no input field to type password for unlock

2014-12-11 Thread Andrea Azzarone
Can you try: 7.3.1+14.10.20140904-0ubuntu1? -- You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to unity in Ubuntu. https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1311316 Title: After locking screen there is no input field to type password for

[Touch-packages] [Bug 1311316] Re: After locking screen there is no input field to type password for unlock

2014-12-11 Thread Andrea Azzarone
Seems like there is a misunderstanding: the fix is not included in Trusty (14.04 LTS) but just in 14.10+. Will be inclued in next SRU. ** Description changed: *** IMPORTANT ** + + *** The fix is not included in TRUSTY. Will be included with next SRU. + *** + If you can reproduce this bug

[Touch-packages] [Bug 1311316] Re: After locking screen there is no input field to type password for unlock

2014-12-11 Thread tom@inetz
Andrea Azzarone (andyrock)... This problem happens about every other day. It appears to be relatively random, but quite often. Here is the output from ls -l /sbin/unix_chkpwd -rwxr-sr-x 1 root shadow 35536 Jan 31 2014 /sbin/unix_chkpwd And attached is my auth.log (auth.log.zip). **

[Touch-packages] [Bug 1311316] Re: After locking screen there is no input field to type password for unlock

2014-12-11 Thread Andrea Azzarone
Consider also installing the Marco's ppa linked in the past comments. -- You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to unity in Ubuntu. https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1311316 Title: After locking screen there is no input

[Touch-packages] [Bug 1311316] Re: After locking screen there is no input field to type password for unlock

2014-12-11 Thread Andrea Azzarone
The fix will be present with next SRU (14.04). Should be already fixed in 14.10. -- You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to unity in Ubuntu. https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1311316 Title: After locking screen there is

Re: [Touch-packages] [Bug 1311316] Re: After locking screen there is no input field to type password for unlock

2014-12-10 Thread msp3k
1) The bug just bit my boss again. Here's the auth.log: Dec 10 09:13:23 anolis compiz: PAM unable to dlopen(pam_kwallet.so): /lib/security/pam_kwallet.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory Dec 10 09:13:23 anolis compiz: PAM adding faulty module: pam_kwallet.so Dec 10

Re: [Touch-packages] [Bug 1311316] Re: After locking screen there is no input field to type password for unlock

2014-12-10 Thread Andrea Azzarone
Please consider answering the question markes ad *** IMPORTANT *** in the description. 2014-12-11 1:26 GMT+01:00 harrychillboy 1311...@bugs.launchpad.net: These lines appear as error meesages in auth.log Dec 10 07:26:10 ThinkPad dbus[724]: [system] Rejected send message,

[Touch-packages] [Bug 1311316] Re: After locking screen there is no input field to type password for unlock

2014-12-09 Thread David
I've been suffering this bug for months now. Today I noticed some issues with window animations before it happened, and it came to my mind that it might be compiz-related. I killed compiz and the login screen was gone, without losing the unity session. It's the first time that I manage to go back

[Touch-packages] [Bug 1311316] Re: After locking screen there is no input field to type password for unlock

2014-12-09 Thread ubuntu-tester
For infomation : I used Marco Trevisan's unity package since 2014-09-11 without getting this issue. This morning I installed unity (up to date) from Ubuntu repository and I just get this issue. Like David, the first times I get this bug, I noticed some issues with window animations before it

Re: [Touch-packages] [Bug 1311316] Re: After locking screen there is no input field to type password for unlock

2014-12-09 Thread msp3k
1) Maybe I'm just derping, but how do I run gnome-screensaver? $ ps -ef | grep -i screensaver peek 24604 24163 0 08:51 pts/47 00:00:00 grep -i screensaver $ gnome-screensaver ** (gnome-screensaver:24665): WARNING **: screensaver already running in this session 2) If this is an LDAP

Re: [Touch-packages] [Bug 1311316] Re: After locking screen there is no input field to type password for unlock

2014-12-09 Thread Andrea Azzarone
You need to enable accessibility (e.g. on screen keyabord) from the control center. 2014-12-09 14:56 GMT+01:00 msp3k p...@nimbios.org: 1) Maybe I'm just derping, but how do I run gnome-screensaver? $ ps -ef | grep -i screensaver peek 24604 24163 0 08:51 pts/47 00:00:00 grep -i

Re: [Touch-packages] [Bug 1311316] Re: After locking screen there is no input field to type password for unlock

2014-12-09 Thread msp3k
Okay, I set System Settings Universal Access Typing On Screen Keyboard = On Then I hit alt+control+L to lock. Sure enough, I got what looks like gnome-screensaver. Via an SSH login I confirmed that gnome-screensaver was indeed running, and running as me and not as root. Entering my password

[Touch-packages] [Bug 1311316] Re: After locking screen there is no input field to type password for unlock

2014-12-08 Thread Philipp Wendler
I cannot imagine how a missing password input field in the lock screen could be related to an LDAP configuration issue on our side. If the authentication would fail after entering the password, then yes, of course this could be such a problem. But a password field should always be shown by the

Re: [Touch-packages] [Bug 1311316] Re: After locking screen there is no input field to type password for unlock

2014-12-08 Thread Andrea Azzarone
Because we don't show a text entry if PAM (the authentication module) does not respond correctly. We wait for PAM to ask the passoword not the opposite, and if PAM fails there is nothing we can do about. Briefly PAM works like that: we ask to authenticate the current user, pam responds asking us

Re: [Touch-packages] [Bug 1311316] Re: After locking screen there is no input field to type password for unlock

2014-12-08 Thread msp3k
I must have missed something. Permissions on what path? And what should the permissions be? Michael Peek On 12/06/2014 09:03 AM, Andrea Azzarone wrote: We released a fix but it does not work. The one we released was about text entry not showing randomly on multimonitor and seems to be fixed.

[Touch-packages] [Bug 1311316] Re: After locking screen there is no input field to type password for unlock

2014-12-08 Thread Stephen M. Webb
But a password field should always be shown by the unlock screen, regardless of the authentication backend. No. For example, if smart card authentication is in use, the PIN entry field should not be shown until and unless the smart card is inserted in the reader. If challenge-response

[Touch-packages] [Bug 1311316] Re: After locking screen there is no input field to type password for unlock

2014-12-08 Thread Philipp Wendler
For auditing my PAM config, could you please tell me which PAM config the lock screen uses (i.e., which file in /etc/pam.d is used)? So far I could not find any differences between them. The LDAP config is in common-{auth,account}, which are included in most files in this directory. All these

[Touch-packages] [Bug 1311316] Re: After locking screen there is no input field to type password for unlock

2014-12-08 Thread ubuntu-tester
For my part, reading explanations above, I understand it may be an LDAP configuration issue. However, I perform tests on 2 PC with the same configuration (LDAP Authentication, home areas served by NFS + automount, multimonitor) : - PC 1 using Marco Trevisan's unity package

[Touch-packages] [Bug 1311316] Re: After locking screen there is no input field to type password for unlock

2014-12-08 Thread Andrea Azzarone
All these services (login, lightdm, polkit-1, sudo, sshd) are working fine. They run as root that's why. Try to lock using gnome-screensaver (without running it as root!) and let me know if you can unlock the screen. -- You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu

[Touch-packages] [Bug 1311316] Re: After locking screen there is no input field to type password for unlock

2014-12-06 Thread ubuntu-tester
For me, the bug status is not clear ? Someone know if the fix for Ubuntu 14.04 has been released or not ? Below what I understand : - The fix has not been yet released for Ubuntu 14.04 - The fix will be released on Ubuntu 14.04 with Unity 7.2.4 (The current release of Unity is 7.2.3) =

[Touch-packages] [Bug 1311316] Re: After locking screen there is no input field to type password for unlock

2014-12-06 Thread Andrea Azzarone
We released a fix but it does not work. The one we released was about text entry not showing randomly on multimonitor and seems to be fixed. Probably what you can reproduce now is a problem with permissions. -- You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu Touch seeded

[Touch-packages] [Bug 1311316] Re: After locking screen there is no input field to type password for unlock

2014-12-06 Thread ubuntu-tester
Thanks for your answer and also for your work Andrea ! Thanks to Marco Trevisan too. Sorry for my english but I don't understand if the fix works or not when you say We released a fix but it does not work then The one we released was text entry not showing randomly on multimonitor and seems to

[Touch-packages] [Bug 1311316] Re: After locking screen there is no input field to type password for unlock

2014-12-05 Thread Philipp Wendler
We also have this problem on several machines, and I hope I can contribute to getting it fixed. Removing light-locker fixed the double unlock problem, but not this problem. The machine is a fully up-to-date Ubuntu 14.04 with LDAP authentication. The output of ls -l /sbin/unix_chkpwd is

Re: [Touch-packages] [Bug 1311316] Re: After locking screen there is no input field to type password for unlock

2014-12-05 Thread Andrea Azzarone
Please consider sending me in private the auth.log file. On 5 Dec 2014 11:26, Philipp Wendler 1311...@bugs.launchpad.net wrote: We also have this problem on several machines, and I hope I can contribute to getting it fixed. Removing light-locker fixed the double unlock problem, but not this

[Touch-packages] [Bug 1311316] Re: After locking screen there is no input field to type password for unlock

2014-12-05 Thread Andrea Azzarone
@Philipp also I just read you are using ldap. That can be a different issue (maybe is solved in trunk because now unity and lightdm do not share pam configuration). -- You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to unity in

[Touch-packages] [Bug 1311316] Re: After locking screen there is no input field to type password for unlock

2014-12-05 Thread Andrea Azzarone
Consider e.g. http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2209884 -- You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to unity in Ubuntu. https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1311316 Title: After locking screen there is no input field to

Re: [Touch-packages] [Bug 1311316] Re: After locking screen there is no input field to type password for unlock

2014-12-05 Thread msp3k
I am using ldap as well. Out of 80 hosts and 110 users this bug only affects one user on one host. (Unfortunately that user happens to be one of my bosses.) It's irregular, but frequent. Michael Peek On 12/05/2014 09:06 AM, Andrea Azzarone wrote: @Philipp also I just read you are using ldap.

[Touch-packages] [Bug 1311316] Re: After locking screen there is no input field to type password for unlock

2014-12-04 Thread Andrea Azzarone
@Matt zuba, can you post the output of: ls -l /sbin/unix_chkpwd ls -l /sbin/unix_chkpwd -- You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to unity in Ubuntu. https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1311316 Title: After locking screen

[Touch-packages] [Bug 1311316] Re: After locking screen there is no input field to type password for unlock

2014-12-04 Thread Andrea Azzarone
@Matt zuba, can you post the output of: ls -l /sbin/unix_chkpwd -- You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to unity in Ubuntu. https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1311316 Title: After locking screen there is no input field

[Touch-packages] [Bug 1311316] Re: After locking screen there is no input field to type password for unlock

2014-12-04 Thread Andrea Azzarone
@Thomas yes, please send me the content of /var/log/auth.log and the output of ls -l /sbin/unix_chkpwd. Also does it happen randomly or all the time? ** Changed in: unity Status: Fix Committed = Confirmed ** Changed in: unity/7.2 Status: In Progress = Confirmed -- You received

[Touch-packages] [Bug 1311316] Re: After locking screen there is no input field to type password for unlock

2014-12-03 Thread vmajor
It most definitively is not fixed. I have the latest Unity 7.2.3 and this bug still exists. Furthermore I am also unable to open another terminal. The only way that I can get back into my computer is to SSH to it and run sudo unity --replace Please reopen this bug report and please find an actual

[Touch-packages] [Bug 1311316] Re: After locking screen there is no input field to type password for unlock

2014-12-02 Thread Matt Zuba
FWIW - I have Marco's PPA package installed and I continue to see this issue. Another issue that seems partly relevant is that my screensaver never stays on for more than a few minutes before I see the lock screen again. I notice that when this happens, this issue is more prevelant. Here is a

[Touch-packages] [Bug 1311316] Re: After locking screen there is no input field to type password for unlock

2014-12-01 Thread Jean-Paul Calderone
This continues to bite me on 14.04. I have the newest unity installed: exarkun@phonon:~$ sudo apt-show-versions unity unity:amd64/trusty-updates 7.2.3+14.04.20140826-0ubuntu1 uptodate It has been installed since Nov 7: exarkun@phonon:~$ grep 7.2.3+14.04.20140826-0ubuntu1 /var/log/dpkg.log.1 |

[Touch-packages] [Bug 1311316] Re: After locking screen there is no input field to type password for unlock

2014-12-01 Thread Jean-Paul Calderone
It doesn't appear as though 7.2.3+14.04.20140826-0ubuntu1 is likely to actually include the fix for this issue. The fix wasn't even committed until several weeks after that package was created (as far as I can tell). The changelog entry for that page doesn't refer this bug number either. I'm

[Touch-packages] [Bug 1311316] Re: After locking screen there is no input field to type password for unlock

2014-12-01 Thread LGB [Gábor Lénárt]
I don't know if it helps, but I always had problems like no input field for password or the double unlock (if the first problem does not occur, unlock presented another unlock field with a sightly different screen) problem on my notebook. Then I noticed, I have a package installed named

[Touch-packages] [Bug 1311316] Re: After locking screen there is no input field to type password for unlock

2014-12-01 Thread Ali
Today faced the problem and had to lose the whole development setup because of it... -- You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to unity in Ubuntu. https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1311316 Title: After locking screen

Re: [Touch-packages] [Bug 1311316] Re: After locking screen there is no input field to type password for unlock

2014-12-01 Thread msp3k
Light-locker is not installed on our machines. On 12/01/2014 10:56 AM, LGB [Gábor Lénárt] wrote: I don't know if it helps, but I always had problems like no input field for password or the double unlock (if the first problem does not occur, unlock presented another unlock field with a sightly

[Touch-packages] [Bug 1311316] Re: After locking screen there is no input field to type password for unlock

2014-11-26 Thread Dmytro Tkanov
I still get this issue on Ubuntu 14.04. Managed to get an input field after killing all instances of unity-panel-service (it might be that you'll have to run killall several times). After doing that I get windows messed up among desktops. The good thing there are borders and titles for all the

  1   2   >