I just took one of my old transparent .png images that I used
to use a couple of years ago and imported it as a control into an
LC 8.1.3 stack. It worked just fine.
I think I might have created it with “Graphic Converter” for Mac.
If you put one of your images into a “DropBox”
I finally got around to playing with tsNet, but I can't find docs, just
sparse Dict entries.
I'd like to test uploading a file via SFTP and also FTPS, synchronous
preferred in this case.
After hunting around via Google I manage to turn up this stack from a
Without knowing exactly what you're trying to accomplish, one way is to display
only a few rows of buttons beyond what will fit comfortably on a screen, and
when scrolling takes place, "recycle" the rows around to the end (or beginning)
with new glyphs applied.
Assuming all the characters are
I'd create maybe 200 buttons, and change their labels, positions and
meanings whenever the vscroll of the menu changes.
Something (very vaguely) like
put the vScroll of grp "sectionMenu" into temp
put temp div 23 into startLine
repeat with i = 1 to 200
What a nuisance:
There I was, merrily churning through the button titles for my Unicode
[ http://forums.livecode.com/viewtopic.php?f=26=29069 ] which needed
at least 1600 buttons
that were 23 pixels deep layered underneath each other.
At the "Magic Number" of
Things just got better!
On 3/31/17 10:11 pm, Richmond Mathewson wrote:
use-livecode mailing list
Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe
I call this a bug, would you?
If the scaleFactor of stack “myStack” is set to 2, then within(stack
“myStack”,the screenMouseLoc) only returns true if the mouse is within the rect
of stack “myStack” when it’s scaleFactor is set to 1. Hope I explained that
Mac 10.12.2, LC 9.0.0 dp
On 04/01/2017 09:42 AM, hh via use-livecode wrote:
please think about posting this. It is certainly valuable for other use
Agreed, even though I can't use it for my particular case.
(I implemented the brilliant idea of listStyle line numbering in a test
version of the glx2
> Alex T. wrote:
> I set out to optimise the 'visibleLineNumber' function, and succeeded
> in getting it down to approx 20% of the original version, by:
> - reduce from 2 to 1 height calculations per iteration
> - convert from recursive to iterative
> - use Newton-Raphson style linear
Well, I got my Android test deployment working again, but the app completely
dies on the phone now and even if I set a break point on the preopencard of the
init script, it will not fire in the debugger.
I note something peculiar:
If I open myApp.livecode stack: which has stack files set and
NOTE: I am using LC 6.7.11 for an update to a legacy app.
I was trying to import (as a control) a transparent PNG (i.e. the
"white" parts allow whatever is underneath to show through) and instead
of transparancy, I get the slashed background lines transparent PNG are
often displayed with.
--I have unchecked the remoteDebugger in the Standalone builder inclusions list
--There are no break point in any stacks
--Script debug mode is unchecked in the IDE menus
Why does LC prompt me if I want to run remote debugging when I test to Android?
"Oh duh…" you were right… I had deleted my settings in an attempt to see if
some corruption there was causing other issues. For some reason LC finds the
xCode mobile without going back to the preferences, but not the Android SDK.
Now working again, thanks
I have it installed in a
Conclusion : I give up :-)
We have three 'completed' approaches to the line numbering problem:
1. Jim Lambert's use of decimal-numbered-list style within the field
(has the limitation of not allowing the user's text to include list
styles, and some aesthetic constraints - but if you can live
This probably means that LC does not find the android SDK. Go to LC
Preferences -> Mobile Support and make sure the path to android SDK is set
On 1 Apr 2017 06:25, "Sannyasin Brahmanathaswami via use-livecode" <
Mail list logo