Re: [Zope] SQLSession vs FSSession for ultra-high scalability andspeed.

2000-05-23 Thread Pavlos Christoforou
On Sun, 21 May 2000, chas wrote: Hi Folks, Sorry if this has been asked before, but can anybody advise on FSSession vs SQLSession for: a) Speed. b) Scalability. FSSession does not use ZODB to store data, but stores session pickles directly on the harddisk. It will also update

Re: [Zope] FSSession newbie problem

2000-06-07 Thread Pavlos Christoforou
Hi Marcello On Wed, 7 Jun 2000, Marcello Lupo wrote: and macically i obtain the same error. this is the code i used: dtml-call FSSession dtml-unless "FSSession.has_key('cart')" dtml-call "FSSession.set('cart',{})" /dtml-unless dtml-call "FSSession['carrello'].update(REQUEST.form)"

Re: [Zope] Re: FSSession newbie problem

2000-06-09 Thread Pavlos Christoforou
On Fri, 9 Jun 2000, Marcello Lupo wrote: dtml-var "FSSession('carrello')"br It prints out "None" I supose you mean ...FSSession['carrello'] .. The FSSession is in the same folder of my two methods, may be this a problem? No it should not one. Probably the second method point to

Re: [Zope] Re: FSSession newbie problem

2000-06-09 Thread Pavlos Christoforou
On Fri, 9 Jun 2000, Marcello Lupo wrote: 1) Is necessary to call FSSession in every document of the site or is sufficient on the first page (home page of the e-com for example)? Becouse i noticed (obviously) that every time it open a file the HD. And i think this is a problem because

Re: [Zope] Re: FSSession newbie problem

2000-06-09 Thread Pavlos Christoforou
On Fri, 9 Jun 2000, Hung Jung Lu wrote: Pavlos: this is the part that is confusing to newbies. FSSession can be made in such a way that this initial call can be avoided. HappySession works that You are right. There is no real need for the initial call. It was initially designed like this

Re: [Zope] ZODB/FSSession TransactionError

2000-06-27 Thread Pavlos Christoforou
On Wed, 28 Jun 2000, Dieter Maurer wrote: That's strange, because Python usually indicates EOF by returning an empty string and not by raising EOFError. cPickle returns EOFError which is confusing since the Python docs state that only input and raw_input return this exception. The problem

Re: [Zope] Howto engineer a scientific paper system

2000-06-29 Thread Pavlos Christoforou
On Thu, 29 Jun 2000, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote: Thank you for the comments and links for latex and docbook. Going the latex path seems to me worthwhile - but on another day ;-) , I have already done some setup in zope that I would like to build on. What I did not find about LaTeX was a

Re: [Zope] basic FSSession question

2000-07-03 Thread Pavlos Christoforou
On Mon, 3 Jul 2000, Leichtman, David J wrote: overwrites the other data, implying that it's the same SessionUID. I thought that calling dtml-call FSSession from a different machine, would then create a new session with the SessionUID stored on that machine. How, then, do I get multiple

Re: [Zope] Re: FSSession buglette

2000-07-07 Thread Pavlos Christoforou
On Fri, 7 Jul 2000, Paul Gresham wrote: Hi, Yep, I'm definitely running 0-4-0, I think the fact that I did something naughty caused the rename (and therefore the commit) to fail, when it expected to work. An exception in the commit then caused Zope to stop all commits. What is worrying is

Re: [Zope] FSSession used in Python???

2000-07-10 Thread Pavlos Christoforou
On Fri, 7 Jul 2000, Dan Narkiewicz wrote: inside my own python written Zope product... Any help would be.. well... helpful.. I am not sure if it is a good idea to use a Product in the manner you describe but in any case: --- a class definition --- def FStest(self):

Re: [Zope] FSSession - don't call FSSession twice!

2000-07-31 Thread Pavlos Christoforou
On Tue, 1 Aug 2000 [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote: Zope has encountered an error while publishing this resource. Error Type: OSError Error Value: [Errno 2] No such file or directory from the title) that I called FSSession twice. Line 193 appears to rename a .tmp file and I'd guess that by

Re: [Zope] REPOST: README.txt Tab

2000-08-04 Thread Pavlos Christoforou
On Fri, 4 Aug 2000 [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote: I'll re-ask the question: How do I get the README tab to appear in a product? What do I need to do? Its been a while but I think what you say is essentially correct. If there is a README.txt it would be displayed assuming your product was

Re: [Zope] FSSession problems...

2000-08-25 Thread Pavlos Christoforou
On Fri, 25 Aug 2000, Curtis Maloney wrote: Greetings, I'm using FSSession to store login details about visitors to our site. It is important that users only be able to see their own data (of course). Today, however, I find out that some mistakes have been happening. People are

Re: [Zope] FSSession problems...

2000-08-28 Thread Pavlos Christoforou
On Mon, 28 Aug 2000, Curtis Maloney wrote: /dtml-if This was aparently working fine for quite some time (about a month of public usage), until last week. We have examined logs, and seen that one person accidentaly used the system under someone elses ReturnerID, and then rectified

[Zope] [ANN] FSSession-0-4-2

2000-08-29 Thread Pavlos Christoforou
Hello Zopistas FSSession 0-4-2 is available at: http://www.zope.org/Members/gaaros/FSSession FSSession 0-4-2 corrects a bug on Windows platforms where os.rename fails if the renamed file already exists. This version has also been tested under many "unusual" situations (calling FSSession twice,

Re: [Zope] HappySession

2000-09-01 Thread Pavlos Christoforou
On Fri, 1 Sep 2000, Dieter Maurer wrote: I can tell you, that FSSession has the same problem, at least the version before the current one (announced some days ago). FSSession has no longer such problem. However you might still loose data if you access the same SessionUID from many frames. I

Re: [Zope] OSError along with FSSession...

2000-09-08 Thread Pavlos Christoforou
On Wed, 6 Sep 2000, Chien-Pin Wang wrote: Dear Zope Users: I have upgraded to FSSession 0.4.2 lately and occasionally run into the same problem several times. Each time it costs me a zope down. I do really need some help... Zope complains an error type "OSError" and throws

Re: [Zope-dev] ExtensionClass and __radd__()?

2000-07-06 Thread Pavlos Christoforou
On Wed, 5 Jul 2000, Greg Ward wrote: Well, it's a nice theory. It doesn't explain why '__add__()' works for ExtensionClass while '__radd__()' does not; perhaps ExtensionClass implements that much of Python's class semantics, but doesn't go as far as '__radd__()'. A quick note which you