Hi,

I noticed that two of the RH7.1 computers on our LAN get stuck for 7-8
minutes during boot trying to start sendmail. They succeed eventually,
but it should not take all that long, IMHO. Both have unmodified (I
think) configuration from sendmail-8.11.6-1.7.1. It happens with
kernels 2.4.9-6 and 2.4.2-2.

The computer that doubles as mailserver runs the same sendmail, but
with a custom sendmail.mc. It also runs kernel 2.4.9-12. There is no
delay in sendmail startup there.

Is it sendmail? Is it the kernel? Before I start mucking around with
the configuration, maybe someone who has experienced (and fixed) this
can point me in the right direction?

Thanks,

--
Oleg Goldshmidt | [EMAIL PROTECTED]
"If it ain't broken, it has not got enough features yet."