On 18/12/2017 16:28, Fridrich Strba wrote:
Hello, good people,

After removing some deprecated SecurityManager methods in jdk10, I am
trying to build libbluray, but there is this snippet that obviously is
broken with jdk10:
classDepth has been deprecated since 1.2 (1998) so it's surprising to see a security manager still using it.

It this just old code or is there a good reason why it works this way? It probably could be modified to use the StackWalker API but it would be brittle (as it is now). I guess I would have expected to see it calling checkPermission as it seems to do for the modifyThreadGroup target.

-Alan