New webrev: http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~apetcher/8171277/webrev.01/

On 3/8/2018 1:51 PM, Sean Mullan wrote:
I haven't reviewed all of it (mainly just the standard classes), but here are some comments so far:

- General comments

For new public classes, you don't need to start the sentence with the name of the class since that is implied and will show up in javadoc pages. For example, "XECKey is an interface ..." should just be "An interface ..."
fixed.

I think somewhere there should be a sentence or two on the difference between XECKeys and ECKeys and when you would want to use each. This is important enough that I think some detail should be in the javadoc to help users distinguish them. Perhaps put it in the XEC class description. Maybe more details can go in the JCA security guide.

I added a sentence to the comments in XECKey, but I'm not sure how much we should say here. I don't know if we should get into mathematical details. Take a look at the new wording and let me know if I should add more information.

- ECGenParameterSpec

45: s/of provider/of the provider/
fixed

- NamedParameterSpec

36: the link looks wrong, since it is for SSLContext

Oops. I changed the section to "parameter-spec-names" which will be a new section that I'll add to this document.

39: I think the @see is unnecessary

removed.

- XECKey

The description should include some basic details so someone doesn't have to know what RFC 7748 is to understand it.

Similar response to a previous comment. I added some more information, but I don't know if it is enough. Let me know.

- XECPrivateKey

47: would "cannot" be a more appropriate word than "may not"? May not sounds a bit vague. Perhaps also an example of why it cannot be extracted would be helpful.

I changed it to "cannot" and added the example.

--Sean