On 6/19/2018 7:07 PM, Valerie Peng wrote:
Hi Xuelei,

<src/java.base/share/classes/sun/security/ssl/SSLCredentials.java>
<src/java.base/share/classes/sun/security/ssl/SSLPossessionGenerator.java>
<src/java.base/share/classes/sun/security/ssl/SSLPossession.java>
<src/java.base/share/classes/sun/security/ssl/SSLKeyDerivationGenerator.java>
These look fine.

<src/java.base/share/classes/sun/security/ssl/SSLKeyAgreement.java>
- kind of strange to see SSLKeyAgreement extends SSLKeyAgreementGenerator... Normally, the naming convention implies one generates the other.

The name should be more like SSLKeyAgreementKeyDerivationGenerator. It is too long, so I used a short one, SSLKeyAgreementGenerator. But yes, it is confusing. Maybe, SSLKAKDGenerator?

<src/java.base/share/classes/sun/security/ssl/SSLKeyAgreementGenerator.java> - same method name as in SSLKeyDerivationGenerator. I assume that this is intentional as both are meant to derive keys, but with different parameters?

Yes. SSLKeyAgreementGenerator is used for key agreement key generation for public keys (DHE/ECDHE/RSA). While SSLKeyDerivationGenerator is used for secret key derivation with shared secrets (with an additional 'secretKey' parameter). Two classes are defined just in case the two different functions are mixed.

Xuelei

Still have a few more left to review.
Valerie