I'm potentially watching many years of development efforts burn, due to JEP 411 and trying to find a way to save it, I don't refer to it as fun.  Frustrating, infuriating, irritating, anger, that would more accurately describe the emotions current circumstances create.

I'll be focusing only on the following in Java's public API's:

1. Network.
2. File system access.
3. ClassLoading.
4. Properties.

The most important task is to prevent class loading from unauthenticated sources.

This is intended to sure up perimeter defenses and constrain trusted third parties in our software, these would be wide open if we just switched off SM.

I'm following all guidance provided by OpenJDK in this instance.

I will wait for finalizers to be removed, before instrumenting any constructors that have finalizer attack defenses.  Hopefully OpenJDK will chose to remove finalizers soon, prior to removal of SM.

Regards,

Peter.