----- Original Message -----

The third parameter of defineProxy() is a lambda which is called for each
method that can be overriden, either toString/equals/hashCode but also any
default methods,
if the lambda return true, the method is overriden, otherwise the default
implementation is used.

> With hidden classes, I don't see much value in leaving
> the new API's produced instance in separate modules; what we have for hidden
> classes should be fine for the most part.
>
> Imo the main obstacle is still the handling of serialization. The annotations
> are serializable, but currently hidden classes do not work with serialization
> at all and must use `writeReplace` and `readResolve`. And how to migrate
> annotations off proxies without breaking serialization is still a question as
> well. Maybe we can upgrade invocation handlers to allow them to declare custom
> `readResolve` logic for the proxy to facilitate migration away. How the new
> API
> will treat serialization is still undetermined.

yes, i suppose that like with lambdas, we need a special overload of
defineProxy that automatically implements writeReplace() and use a specific
class SerializableProxy (mirroring how SerializableLambda works).