On 25/04/2022 15:45, Flavia Rainone wrote:
Hi everyone,

I work with the XNIO ( https://github.com/xnio/xnio/ ) project, led by David Lloyd in CC.

I'm not sure if this is the best way to get in touch, but I could not find out how to create an account for OpenJDK Jira to add a comment there.

We have a reproducer for JDK-8221218, and it appears it is not solved yet (tested with jdk 11.0.12). It is not intermittent, and it happens when we try to do an SSLEngine.unwrap with a zero remaining() ByteBuffer (in older versions, the engine would just return a BUFFER_UNDERFLOW result).

JDK-8221218 says it has been fixed in JDK 17. Have you tested with JDK 17 or JDK 18 ?

-Alan