On Tue, 26 Apr 2022 04:27:37 GMT, Xue-Lei Andrew Fan <xue...@openjdk.org> wrote:

>> test/jdk/javax/security/auth/callback/PasswordCleanup.java line 74:
>>
>>> 72:     }
>>> 73:
>>> 74:     private static void checkClearing() throws Exception {
>>
>> How is this test testing that the password is cleared?
>
> The test case is used to check that the Cleaner used is not bind to 'this'
> object, and the cleaner during finalization could work.  Unfortunately, as
> the cleaner behavior is not visible, I don't find a way to automated test
> that the password is really cleared during finalization.

Ok, then I would suggest changing the name of the test as it is misleading. I
suggest creating a directory named "PasswordCallback" and then adding a test
named perhaps "CheckCleanerNotBoundToThis" or something like that. I would
change the name of the `checkClearing` method as you are not checking if
passwords are cleared. Also update the @summary to describe what it is actually
testing. Use code comments if you need to explain it further.