On 29 Apr 2001, at 14:40, Sajeev wrote:

> I am interested in knowing the origin of MS-DOS.
> I seem to remember reading somewhere that Microsoft procured
> DOS from a 'Seattle Hacker'. I don't clearly recall this term, but I
> suppose 'Seattle' must be a place, may be in the US.

Yes, we think Seattle may be in the US, but we are not sure. <g>

<Kidding>

I think this page has the story you seek:

http://saturn.spaceports.com/~dosuser/doshist.htm

And Sajeev, Seattle is a large and thriving city in the state of
Washington in the Pacific NW corner of the continental US.  Take a
visit upon the official web site of Seattle:

http://www.ci.seattle.wa.us/

Redmond, Washington, the city where Microsoft is based, is a suburb
of Seattle.

http://www.sitesatlas.com/Maps/Maps/131.htm

Alan
[EMAIL PROTECTED]