On 9 May 2001, at 17:58, Carol L Cramer wrote:

> a bird has taken up residence in our yard -- thought at first he
> (she?) was a blackbird - --  but this bird sings constantly  (too whee
> ??) -- we are delighted with him (her)..but have no clue what type
> bird we have.  Our bird book is fairly limited...and we live in SW
> Kansas....
>
> any ideas?

Yes.  For your new found hobby of backyard birdwatching, invest in a
good pair of binoculars so that you can locate and view the bird up
close and personal.

Then with that mental description use a good bird book to identify
the bird.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/search-handle-form/
107-5629961-0861330

Note: The above URL is actually one continuous line and should be
entered into your browser's address box as one line.

Visit About.com's Birding site:

http://birding.about.com/hobbies/birding/

Alan
[EMAIL PROTECTED]