If a page gives multiple values for a property, which one wins when you
sort on that property?

In my local tests on SMW 1.1.2. I can't see any pattern to it.  On
http://sandbox.semantic-mediawiki.org/wiki/Test_sorting (version
1.2f-SVN) it seems to sort using the "first" value on the page for the
property.  That page sorts by Author and many papers put each author
annotation alphabetically.  But this paper appears in the 'B's despite
having some 'A' authors:

Using and Combining RDF Vocabularies for Expert Finding
        Boanerges Aleman-Meza
        Lyndon JB Nixon
        Axel Polleres           <--- !!
        John G. Breslin
        Harold Boley
        Anna V. Zhdanova        <--- !!
        Malgorzata Mochol
        Uldis Bojars

If I sort descending, again SMW seems to sort on the first value it
finds for the property.

==> Is this a bug?  You could define a sort order, e.g. if ascending
sort based on the lowest value of the property's values on the page.

A while ago Markus told me the order of property values for a page
retrieved from the database was indeterminate, so values might not be
returned in page order, so there's no "first" property value on a page.

==> Should
http://semantic-mediawiki.org/wiki/Help:Semantic_search#Sorting_results
just say "If pages have multiple values for the property, their sort
order is undefined." ?  Or I could just not say anything ;-)

Thanks for any insight!
--
=S Page