Good day everyone,

I hope everyone is doing well this labor day.
I have a question regarding the current Semantic Mediawiki development
protocol regarding milestone; in particular, freezing milestone from
new issues.
As you can imagine, there are many of us who are silently and
patiently waiting for MediaWiki 3.0.0 [0] to complete.
Version 3.0 was expected to complete around Q4 2017 - Q1 2018. By end
of Q1 it was obvious that was not happening and so it got pushed to Q2
[1] and then to Q3.
More recently, a due date of August 22 was set, then September 2, and
now it's set to September 17 [0].
There is no question this due date won't be met. In fact, it's clear
3.0 won't be done any earlier than Q1 2019. This gets close to around
the original 3.1 due dates [2].

That being said, we are very grateful for this project and are willing
to patiently wait for the final tasks to complete (I would have loved
to help out myself but I currently don't have the free time).

Unfortunately, one of the reasons the due date for 3.0.0 continuously
gets pushed back is because new issues are still being added.
In fact, 5 of the last 17 issues remaining for 3.0.0 were opened in
2018 - 2 of those issues are tagged as enhancements. One was added
just over a month ago.
And that's not to mention the many other issues that were opened this
year and were already closed.

So my question is simple (or complicated): why are new issues still
being added to a milestone that's already a year behind schedule? Let
alone enhancements.
Is there a general policy/protocol for freezing issues for versions
such as 3.0.0, with the exception of only priority bugs?
In other words, why is 3.0.0 not frozen for everything but critical
bugs? Why not move many of those issues to 3.1.0?

[0] - https://github.com/SemanticMediaWiki/SemanticMediaWiki/milestone/6
[1] - https://sourceforge.net/p/semediawiki/mailman/message/36248747/
[2] - https://github.com/SemanticMediaWiki/SemanticMediaWiki/milestone/23

Thanks,