I am currently writing an app using ramaze and sequel, and have some
queries which I hope the community here can help me with.

1. Sequel provides thread safety, connection pooling..
How can I test and verify that connection pooling is working?

2. When and where should I open a connection to the db?
In the examples given, usually a connection is made before the
declaration of each model.
db = Sequel.open (...)
class model < Sequel::Model
end

What is the impact if I have several model files and each file begins
with a database connection?

Is it advisable for me to place this db connection in start.rb (for
ramaze)?
Is there any difference in doing this, versus opening a db connection
in each model file?
Is this connection to the db persistent, in the sense that it exists
for as long as start.rb is running
and that this single connection will handle all user requests (with
connection pooling)?
If so, the connection would be left idle when no query is made to the
db?
Or is this connection duplicated when another user accesses the web
app?

I hope my question makes sense.

TIA!!