On May 25, 11:00 am, dusty <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I have a timestamp field in my model that I want to allow null on, I'm
> not sure how to do this.  Right now I have it with :allow_null => true
> in my set_schema declaration.  However, when I set that attribute to
> nil and save the record, I get
>
> Sequel::Error: nil/NULL is not allowed for the email_activated_at
> column
>
> Here is what it looks like in set_schema
>
>     timestamp   :email_activated_at, :allow_null => true
>
> How do I allow a null value?
>
> This is what it looks like when I use reflection on that table.
>
> Sequel::DATABASES.first.schema_for_table(:users)
>
> [:email_activated_at,
> {:type=>:datetime, :numeric_precision=>nil, :max_chars=>nil,
> :primary_key=>false, :default=>nil, :allow_null=>false,
> :db_type=>"timestamp"}]
>
> I just assumed that I could add that option in the schema declaration,
> but it looks like I can't.
>
> BTW - I'm using sqlite right now for this.

This was a bug in the SQLite adapter, it was not determining the
allow_null value correctly.  I just pushed a change that fixes this.
By default, columns should accept NULL values unless you use
the :null=>false option when adding the column.

Also check the recent commits, as the schema method changed from
schema_for_table(table, schema=nil) to schema(table=nil, opts={}), and
it now can get the schema for all tables in one call.

Jeremy