On Thursday, October 13, 2016 at 7:28:04 AM UTC-7, Nicolò Benigni wrote:
> Hi,
> I am using resque in my rails application but I am having this problem.
> After some hour of inactivity, obviously mysql goes in timeout and resque
> workers lost connection.
> So, when a new job is enqueued it raises:
> Exception
> Sequel::DatabaseDisconnectError
> Error
> Mysql2::Error: MySQL server has gone away
> I don't really know how to handle this.. on the resque docs, they say to
> use ActiveRecord::Base.verify_active_connections! to avoid this, but how
> can I solve it with Sequel? I read the docs and it says that Sequel does
> not leaks connections, but in this special case something like this happens.
> How can I handle this? I am wondering if there is a way to avoid this, or
> to reconnect when this error happens!

The best way to fix it is to fix your network so that your connections
don't get disconnected.  However, if you can't do that, you can try the
connection_validator extension, which will remove connections from the pool
if they are not longer valid.

Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/sequel-talk.