I am using resque in my rails application but I am having this problem.
After some hour of inactivity, obviously mysql goes in timeout and resque
workers lost connection.
So, when a new job is enqueued it raises:

Mysql2::Error: MySQL server has gone away

I don't really know how to handle this.. on the resque docs, they say to
use ActiveRecord::Base.verify_active_connections! to avoid this, but how
can I solve it with Sequel? I read the docs and it says that Sequel does
not leaks connections, but in this special case something like this happens.

How can I handle this? I am wondering if there is a way to avoid this, or
to reconnect when this error happens!

Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/sequel-talk.